The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 01-21-2015, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd View Post
The Wings division has some new contenders for the 2nd half! Keep your eyes on Tampa....a slow 2nd half start and Detroit, Montreal, and Boston will jump 'em! How bout Philly doing Pittsburg!
But, for now, we're looking down on ya!

We'll know soon enough. I have a ticket to see Detroit in Tampa next Thursday. The Bolts brought Miller back down to earth last night.

All four teams close out on winning streaks, unless Boston lays one tonight.

Pittsburg is tied with Chicago 2-2. They scored two really quick to tie it.

Play What Ya Got!
Old 01-21-2015, 10:15 PM

Quote:
The Wings division has some new contenders for the 2nd half! Keep your eyes on Tampa....a slow 2nd half start and Detroit, Montreal, and Boston will jump 'em! How bout Philly doing Pittsburg!
The Flyers played right into the Pens hands. Flyers are in a full-fledged "we're going for McDavid" tanking mode but we forced them into winning a game by appealing to their evil instincts. Silly Flyers always fall for that reverse psychology stuff. And Zack 'face of the franchise' Rinaldo should get a 10 game suspension for his cheap shot on Letang. Actually justice would be better served if he was forced to share a steel cage with Carcillo and they can beat each others brains (what there is of them) out.

Pens lose to the Blackhawks 3-2 in a shootout tonight. Pens did well considering both Letang and Malkin missed the game with injuries. After the all-star break they'll get Hornqvist, Comeau and Depres back as well so things should start to improve.

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster
Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster
PRS SE Standard 24

Last edited by catdaddy; 01-22-2015 at 08:28 AM.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DM728 View Post
But, for now, we're looking down on ya!

We'll know soon enough. I have a ticket to see Detroit in Tampa next Thursday.

Now that's a great event! No matter who wins, watch Datsyk when he takes control.....best 36 year old player in all of pro hockey!
Old 01-22-2015, 03:12 PM

How about those Maple Leafs! . I'm amazed they scored 3 goals last night ... too bad they gave up 4.

All Star break. Looking forward to watching the Skills Competition (I'm assuming it's Saturday).
Old 01-22-2015, 03:43 PM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
How about those Maple Leafs! . I'm amazed they scored 3 goals last night ... too bad they gave up 4.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH.....the Leafs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

LOL..........Check this out> The Sharks have taken their AHL affiliate(Worcester) and have signed them out to the west coast!!!!! They will SHARE the Sharks arena.
No other NHL team has a set-up like this. Now, when the Sharks need a top replacement, they tell the guy to show up for the big boys games... RIGHT THERE!
Old 01-22-2015, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Now that's a great event! No matter who wins, watch Datsyk when he takes control.....best 36 year old player in all of pro hockey!
Here's the list of 36 year old players currently in the NHL. I'd say clearly Datsyuk and Hossa are the best of the bunch.

Marion Hossa, Michael Rozsival, Jan Hejda, Shawn Horcoff, Eric Cole, Matt Cooke, Niklas Backstrom, Olli Jokinen, Brian Gionta, Daniel Cleary, Pavel Datsyuk, Andrei Markov, Mike Weaver, Chris Phillips, Brenden Morrow, Dainius Zubrus, Rob Scuderi

I wonder if over the years there have always been this many 36 year old players active per season. There are also a bunch more who are 37 and older! Amazing in a sport as physically demanding as hockey.

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 01-22-2015, 04:49 PM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy View Post
Here's the list of 36 year old players currently in the NHL. I'd say clearly Datsyuk and Hossa are the best of the bunch.
I wonder if over the years there have always been this many 36 year old players active per season. There are also a bunch more who are 37 and older! Amazing in a sport as physically demanding as hockey.

And in the pro sports world these guys don't get the acknowledgement they deserve! Far more demanding than football, baseball, and many more.
Old 01-22-2015, 05:18 PM

Quote:
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH.....the Leafs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

LOL..........Check this out> The Sharks have taken their AHL affiliate(Worcester) and have signed them out to the west coast!!!!! They will SHARE the Sharks arena.
No other NHL team has a set-up like this. Now, when the Sharks need a top replacement, they tell the guy to show up for the big boys games... RIGHT THERE!
That's a great idea for having players locally but also sharing arena fees. They better hope they're both not playing in the playoffs at the same time though.
Old 01-23-2015, 07:25 AM

Well I'm officially bummed

Crosby and Malkin will miss the All-Star game with injuries.

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 01-23-2015, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Well I'm officially bummed

Crosby and Malkin will miss the All-Star game with injuries.
That's sad. I was hoping to see them in the skills competition. At least they'll have a week to rest. Probably a good thing. If you miss the All Star Game, you're required to miss the game before or after.
Old 01-24-2015, 08:48 AM

Team Toews thinks Phil Kessel is coachable.

Gotta Hear It: Toews declares Kessel very coachable - Sportsnet.ca
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/g...ery-coachable/

Bummer about Crosby and Malkin. No Chara for the hardest shot??? What's up?? I think the best should be there to defend.

Play What Ya Got!
Old 01-24-2015, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DM728 View Post
Team Toews thinks Phil Kessel is coachable.

Gotta Hear It: Toews declares Kessel very coachable - Sportsnet.ca
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/g...ery-coachable/

Bummer about Crosby and Malkin. No Chara for the hardest shot??? What's up?? I think the best should be there to defend.
I saw the highlights of the draft this morning. I thought Kessel being picked first by Team Toews was classy, given Kessel being picked last previously. Funny about the trade.

It's great that Ovechkin attends the game because he always brings a flare to the non-game activities.
Old 01-27-2015, 03:25 PM

Well the All-Star Game festivities are over and it's time to get back to playing regular games again. Looking forward to seeing a young and talented Jets team take on the Pens tonight.

On a side note it was gratifying to see Zac Rinaldo get handed an 8 game suspension for his cheap hit on Chris Letang. Maybe the $73K he will lose as a result will give him second thoughts about doing something like that again.

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 01-27-2015, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Well the All-Star Game festivities are over and it's time to get back to playing regular games again. Looking forward to seeing a young and talented Jets team take on the Pens tonight.

On a side note it was gratifying to see Zac Rinaldo get handed an 8 game suspension for his cheap hit on Chris Letang. Maybe the $73K he will lose as a result will give him second thoughts about doing something like that again
+1, he deserves it.

It was announced today that Martin Brodeur has officially retired. It's a shame he didn't go out with a final game last year while still in NJ. He's accepting a front office job with St. Louis. Good luck Marty!!
Old 01-27-2015, 03:53 PM

Talking

Alright! Lace 'em up and let's "get the puck outta hear!"

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic