The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 01-14-2015, 09:51 AM

I wonder what St. Louis is going to do with Brodeur? I can't see him staying with the team past the trade deadline. Hopefully he can go somewhere where he can play a few more games.
Old 01-14-2015, 10:41 AM

Rookie Johnny Gaudreau (Calgary) is going to patent and trademark his nickname "Johnny Hockey". Really???
Old 01-16-2015, 10:59 PM

Talking

Holy hockey puck! The Bruins are unstoppable!
Old 01-17-2015, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd View Post
5 in a row. Marchand just got suspended for 2 games though because of a slew foot. He's a great player, I wish he would stop those cheap shots.

What happened to the Penguins? Looks like they had the game in hand into the 3rd period and then things fell apart? Crosby did have 3 points though.
Old 01-17-2015, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
5 in a row. Marchand just got suspended for 2 games though because of a slew foot. He's a great player, I wish he would stop those cheap shots.

What happened to the Penguins? Looks like they had the game in hand into the 3rd period and then things fell apart? Crosby did have 3 points though.
I once was watching the Bruins/Pens playoff series a few years ago where one of the announcers (national feed) referred to Marchand as "That little bundle of hate". The phrase stuck in my mind and forever after I think of him that way. He's the kind of player that you hate to play against but you'd love to have on your team. Gonna hurt the Bruins to be without him for a couple of games.

My wife and I were watching the Pens vs Isles last night. There was 15:48 left in the third period with the Pens up by a score of 3-2 and both teams getting chances. Suddenly our power went out. We waited. An hour later the power was still out and we went to bed. Woke up this morning and read on-line that the Isles won 6-3! The hockey gods obviously had pity on us and spared us the anguish of those final 15 minutes of torture.

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster
Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 01-17-2015, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy View Post
I once was watching the Bruins/Pens playoff series a few years ago where one of the announcers (national feed) referred to Marchand as "That little bundle of hate". The phrase stuck in my mind and forever after I think of him that way. He's the kind of player that you hate to play against but you'd love to have on your team. Gonna hurt the Bruins to be without him for a couple of games.

My wife and I were watching the Pens vs Isles last night. There was 15:48 left in the third period with the Pens up by a score of 3-2 and both teams getting chances. Suddenly our power went out. We waited. An hour later the power was still out and we went to bed. Woke up this morning and read on-line that the Isles won 6-3! The hockey gods obviously had pity on us and spared us the anguish of those final 15 minutes of torture.
I remember the clip 3 years ago when the Bruins visited the White House for winning the Stanley Cup. Obama mentioned "little ball of hate" . Now that's a nickname.

I was watching the scores flicker on my laptop but didn't see the game. Looks like you were saved some frustration with the power outage last night, Cat.
Old 01-18-2015, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Bruins got slew-footed last night. I'm just sayin'.

Not good when all of the other division rivals win. I'm just sayin'.

I know. A hater's gonna hate.

EDMONTON WINS!!!!! an away game????

Play What Ya Got!
Old 01-18-2015, 09:35 AM

How about the Maple Leafs? They concluded their 4 game West Coast trip with an 0-4 record being outscored 12-1 and shut out 3 games. And the press is saying they're playing well. Ouch!!!
Old 01-18-2015, 09:50 AM

I was looking at the standings this morning at the GF column. Just a short time back, Toronto was neck and neck with Tampa for the league lead in scoring. It's like Toronto quit playing with sticks.

How can a team flip-flop like that?

Play What Ya Got!
Old 01-18-2015, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DM728 View Post
I was looking at the standings this morning at the GF column. Just a short time back, Toronto was neck and neck with Tampa for the league lead in scoring. It's like Toronto quit playing with sticks.

How can a team flip-flop like that?
I know. Early on in the season I think they were the highest scoring team. They could give up 4 goals and still win. They were playing on borrowed time though and over achieving on a poor defensive team. That's showing now. It seems like the past few years Toronto has a very good first half and then they fall apart in the second half which is why they have 1 playoff appearance in 9 or 10 years. That one appearance? It was during the lockout shortened season.

Congrats with the Edmonton win. I saw Yakopov interviewed this morning, he was excited to be selected for the shootout.
Old 01-18-2015, 10:27 AM

I went to the Edmonton game here in Tampa the other night. I thought that the Oilers outplayed Tampa. They just came up short on the scoreboard. Bishop was finally the better goalie.

I think Pouliot had Bishop's number from practice when he played here. He scored both goals the other night. He's a good player.

Play What Ya Got!
Old 01-18-2015, 10:37 AM

Exclamation Time to throw in the towel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
How about the Maple Leafs? They concluded their 4 game West Coast trip with an 0-4 record being outscored 12-1 and shut out 3 games. And the press is saying they're playing well. Ouch!!!

I'll say it first........"Leafs are dead in the water"............
Old 01-18-2015, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DM728 View Post
I went to the Edmonton game here in Tampa the other night. I thought that the Oilers outplayed Tampa. They just came up short on the scoreboard. Bishop was finally the better goalie.

I think Pouliot had Bishop's number from practice when he played here. He scored both goals the other night. He's a good player.
Always great to be able to make it to a game, any game!

Quote:
I'll say it first........"Leafs are dead in the water"............
Yep. Good news for us Bruins and Red Wings fans
Old 01-21-2015, 06:16 PM

Tonight's the last night of games before the All Star game this week-end.

How about Carcillo's 6 game suspension. He shouldn't even be in the league.
Old 01-21-2015, 06:46 PM

Thumbs up

The Wings division has some new contenders for the 2nd half! Keep your eyes on Tampa....a slow 2nd half start and Detroit, Montreal, and Boston will jump 'em! How bout Philly doing Pittsburg!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic