The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-19-2017, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wood nacho View Post
Here is a little ditty to give you an idea how my guitar/bass setup sounds. Explained in an earlier post. Bass might be mixed a little louder than I would normally have it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnOJ54ptJ1k

Awesome, so glad you shared. Tell us what's that other stuff on your guitar...
'13 Jaffrey #26 - Malaysian Blackwood!
'21 Gretsch 5622
'22 Furch Red Pure G-LR - Barbera Soloist
ST-300 Mini + DIY mic preamp
Old 07-01-2017, 11:23 PM

Default Polybass

Hi
there is an option which is a bit more complex but also a lot more perfect in tracking and sound than a mono pedal could be: separate string processing.
I started using separate string distortion in 1978 and built the polyphonic piezo pickup for Paradis in 1984 and the first prototype of Polysubbass soon after that. while using it for the Livelooping experiences (which lead to the creation of the LOOP delay / Gibson Echoplex), I realized that its not enough to have a clean octave on each string, because we want only ONE bass line! its in the nature of sound: an interval that sounds good in one octave may not sound good an octave below. so I created the Priority function: only the lowest sounding suboctave mutes the suboctave of the higher strings. seems simple but I do not know of any other product doing this.
The Polysubbass was exclusively used for the Paradis guitars until Rolf Spuler died. Then we created a small version with a premium discrete preamp (420 parts!) with extremely low noise, consuming only 4mA.
we managed to make the board compatible with the RMC Polydrive so that you can simply swap boards without soldering and such build the Polybass into all polyphonic RMC guitars like the Godin Multiac SA and ACS and similar!
with some skill, the Polybass board can also be built into any acoustic guitar, but really: the more alive and resonating the instrument, the less regular the subbass sound.
Old 07-02-2017, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Here is a little ditty to give you an idea how my guitar/bass setup sounds. Explained in an earlier post. Bass might be mixed a little louder than I would normally have it.

You two sound better than the beatles.
Old 07-02-2017, 07:05 AM
Charter Member

Quote:

Wow what a set of pipes Would love to hear a cover of "Me and Bobby Mcgee"

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Ventura 12.2.1

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification