The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2017, 07:26 PM
Charter Member

Default Goodall Engelmann/Koa Grand Concert Cutaway K&K & Ameritage Gold GIVEAWAY $SOLD

Near-mint 1999 Goodall Grand Concert Cutaway guitar with Ameritage Gold case and K&K Pure Mini pickup. Solid Hawaiian curly koa back and sides; solid Engelmann spruce top; curly maple binding; solid ebony fingerboard and bridge; koa veneer headplate. A drop-dead gorgeous guitar in every way.

1-3/4" nut width
25.4" scale length
2-1/4" string spacing at the saddle
Super-comfortable, fast "C" neck profile
K&K Pure Mini pickup (sounds *amazing*)
Insanely nice Ameritage Gold case with humidity control
Low action (3/32" bass E, 2/32" treble E at the 12th fret with 0.012-0.053" strings)
Plenty of saddle height (3/8" above the bridge at the middle of the saddle)

This guitar has been practically kept in a vault. You wouldn't believe it's 18 years old. There is one small chip in the ebony bridge, but otherwise it's in almost mint condition and it has nearly two decades of aged tone: rich, sweet overtones but still focused, with tremendous responsiveness and a shimmering feathery edge. True Goodall magic.

The action is currently low, suitable for fingerstyle playing and there is plenty of height on the saddle for future adjustments (scroll down to replies for a photo). There is only the slightest wear on the frets, almost none.

This video isn't me playing (trust me you're better off hearing Al Petteway play) but it *is* the very same guitar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bSruZxBFrI

See the full listing including the review comments for this exact guitar here: https://www.dreamguitars.com/shop/goodall-kgcc.html (after it was listed at Dream Guitars this Goodall acquired the K&K pickup and Ameritage Gold case)

$SOLD plus PayPal and actual shipping of your choice. (The same as what I'd get from my opening bid price on eBay-- please don't let eBay get another fee!) [email protected]. Thanks! Peter

Last edited by Peterw; 07-28-2017 at 01:44 PM. Reason: additional information
Old 07-13-2017, 11:32 AM
Charter Member

An AGF member asked me to post a photo of the chip that I described on the bridge. Here's a photo. It's just to the right of the "A" string, between the bridge pin and the saddle. That's the only imperfection on this guitar that would make me not call it "mint"-- otherwise there's not a ding or scratch anywhere that's big enough to really notice. The chip is so innocuous (to me anyway) that I forget it's there, but for full disclosure here you go:

Last edited by Peterw; 07-13-2017 at 02:06 PM.
Old 07-17-2017, 01:44 PM
Charter Member

Oh no!, only 161 shopping days until Christmas! Hurry! :-)
Old 07-17-2017, 11:24 PM
Charter Member

Wink

..... Ho, ho, ho (bump). Great guitar, great seller!
Steve
Old 07-25-2017, 11:44 AM
Charter Member

Default New photo in response to AGF member question

An AGF member privately asked me about the saddle height and fret wear on this guitar, owing to its age. Happy to answer: there is no noticeable fret wear-- some shiny spots on the frets but not even close to a problem. And my guess is that this guitar must have had a neck reset at some point because the action is low (about 3/32" on the bass E and 2/32" on the treble E at the 12th using 0.012-0.053" Elixir strings in standard tuning) with tons of saddle height-- see photo below. I'm worried now that others were wondering the same question and I asked too low a price. This guitar truly is near-mint.

Last edited by Peterw; 07-25-2017 at 06:14 PM.
Old 07-26-2017, 08:08 PM
Musical minimalist

The fact this hasn't sold surprises me just about as much as my Charis dread - the best Goodalls I owned were Koa and Madagascar with Engelmann tops...and I've had a few

Old 07-28-2017, 11:49 AM
Charter Member

Smile

Please-buy-this-beautiful-guitar-you'll-be-very-glad-you-did bump!
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars