The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-22-2016, 08:24 AM

Default Alto Trouper vs Kustom Pa50

Has anyone had an opportunity to compare both of these units? I'm set as far as my full band PA is concerned, but thinking about an inexpensive option for a lightweight grab and go rig for small solo or duo gigs. 'Twould also be nice to have something this small to leave up in my practice room. Might also be something I could loan to my daughter without trepidation.... I'm familiar with all the line array options, Bose, Fishman, RCF, Carvin, TurboSound.... But looking for low pricepoint for this purchase.
Old 08-22-2016, 08:49 AM

Lots of positive reviews of the Alto system here:

https://www.amazon.com/Alto-Professi...R2YX3LX89R6HXL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-22-2016, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkingston View Post
Lots of positive reviews of the Alto system here:

https://www.amazon.com/Alto-Professi...R2YX3LX89R6HXL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
To the OP. If you look through these amazon reviews, there is one review where the reviewer states the Alto is WAY better than the Powerwerks PW100. And the Powerwerks and the Kustom are the same unit. The Powerwerks also has a 50 watt unit marketed as the PW50.
Guild GAD25
Yamaha FG413S / FG200 / FG800
Old 06-28-2017, 09:14 PM

I currently own two of the Alto Troupers (purchased on sale for $169 each). I use only one of them for most all of my solo acoustic gigs and the other one stays in my music room. I bring it out when I play larger outdoor gigs. I have owned the Powerwerks 100 and there is no comparison to the Alto. The Alto has a much warmer sound to it. The Powerwerks is loud, but it is quite harsh.

For what it's worth, I also owned the Fishman SA220 ($1,000) for a few years and used it every weekend. It's a very nice unit, but I eventually decided to sell it and purchase the two Troupers. For the money, I am very happy.
Old 06-28-2017, 09:17 PM

Also worth noting - I keep my tablet paired with the Trouper for break music via bluetooth. Very convenient and a definite plus.
Old 06-29-2017, 04:30 AM

Thanks for taking the time to reply to this old thread. I bought the Trouper last summer and it has performed admirably.
Old 06-29-2017, 07:56 AM

I have 2 Alto Troupers I use for my solo acoustic gigs. They work great! I also use the bluetooth to do music from my ipad between sets. They sound great for what they are, and I get compliments on the sound.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification