The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 12-12-2017, 01:57 PM

For the first time in my life I have two acoustics and I find myself continually comparing/contrasting them. I find my interest leaning more to one, and it's gotten to the point where I almost never open the case of the 'non preferred'. I am seriously considering selling it and using the money to get pick-ups/mics for the other.

It seems I'm a 'one guitar' man, or musically monogamous if you'd prefer. I would like to get fully focused and comfortable with one so to get the 'instrument' aspect out of the way and concentrate fully on making music with it.

I believe this is not the norm based on the majority of people talking about 'strengths and weaknesses' of their guitars and how certain ones lend themselves to certain music. Now ask me if I care

I only play one kind of music, the mediocre tunes I write myself.
Old 12-12-2017, 02:05 PM

I go in cycles...sometimes I just feel like playing a certain guitar...it'll go for weeks sometimes...then, something inspires a change. It's all good.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jeffreymatz
Old 12-12-2017, 02:39 PM

With room Rh fluctuating between 35 and 65% I choose my guitar of the day/week depending on how I know my guitars will react on Rh. That way there's no need to change winter/summer saddles.

I play the more fragile ones when it's relatively dry and the heavier builds when it's relatively wet. In summer I'm more free as Rh doesn't really change much so the choice depends more on my mood but still tries to cycle through the choices so each one gets the same ammount of play time.

I feel the differences in playabillity and necks helps dexterity in both hands so I'm not drawn to any guitar in particular at the moment, but it may change someday whith age. Still, the harder I make it for myself the longer I'll be able to keep playing, which also sometimes results in moments of effortlessness, depending on the guitar and circumstances.

Ludwig

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion