The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 10-19-2017, 08:06 PM

Default 7 guitars left! Santa Cruz H, Collings OM1E SS, Martin Kenny Sultan, Tony Vines...

Hi to all the AGF’ers out there.

I don’t know if this is the best way of going about this but I am putting up the below 10 guitars for sale. This is not a need to sell on my part but I feel that building my own guitars now while having 22 guitars is a bit much. That coupled with Carpal Tunnel in both hand and the left one being severe, I can only play for a short period before my fingers go numb and start to really hurt.

So here it goes. I follow up with inquires as they come in. Picture I can do on command and some I may post. I have bought and sold on this forum for many years and have had a good experience for the most part. There have been some guitars that I took on trade in the past where there were minor issues, may have been major issues to those who wanted to pass it on to someone else, but all issues were resolved. Be assured that all the guitars listed below are at least a 9+ if not better and those that needed attention like action set up, intonation or a new nut and/or saddle have been taken care of. So here are the candidates:

Collings OM1 E SS; Asking $3,400. This is a beautiful sounding and looking short scale OM with Engelmann spruce top and Mahogany back and side. 9.8 on the OMG scale. This guitar resonates forever. I traded a Collings Mandolin for this guitar and put a LR Baggs Anthem pick up in it. Plays like butter after it was set up:

Tony Vines 0-18; Asking $5,000. This is a very unique guitar. Tony only made two of these and I have played both of them. I couldn’t get the first one I played so I bought the second one. Never regretted it. I is a small body 14 fret 24.9 scale 1 ¾ nut width. saddle spacing is 2 1/4", scale length is 24.9", lower bout 13 1/2" , upper bout 10", overall length 38 1/2" , body depth at tail 4". A Martin 0-18 reproduction by Tony. Beautiful Mahogany back and sides, unstained so we can appreciate the beauty of this wood; Adirondack spruce top; Tortoiseshell colored body binding; Multiple rings form the rosette; Paddle head-stock with Honduran rosewood face-plate; MOP dot inlays on the Amazon Rosewood fretboard; Brazilian Rosewood bridge with Vintage through saddle; Vintage Grover Chrome tuning machines; Mahogany neck with Dovetail neck joint.

Absolutely a BLAST to play! Extremely loud and lively. It is a great fingerstyle couch guitar and I added an LR Baggs Anthem pick up in it. Here is the website from Guitar Gallery where I bought it: https://www.guitargal.com/products/t...es-0-18-guitar

Santa Cruz H custom Koa; Asking $4,700. This guitar was a special collaboration between Steve Swan and Richard Hoover. Built from an beautiful Koa back and sides, and an Adirondack top. it is gorgeous. It is a twelve fret solid peg head and there are a few fingernail marks on the sound hole put on prior to my getting it from an over zealous strummer. The nut width is 1 13/16th and 2 5/16th at the 12th fret and the saddle. I has voiced scalloped bracing which fits a fingerstyle player. Very Fast neck.

Taylor T5 flamed Maple: Asking $2,000. This is a very nice guitar, no blems, set up nice. Upside is that this is a workhorse that looks pretty. The only issue is the battery compartment tended to rattle a bit and I just put some paper in it to make the rattle go away. Doesn’t have any effect on the playing of the guitar. Strange to admit this issues but I would want to know if I were making a decision to buy a used guitar.

Soloway Gosling: asking $2,000. A Gosling has a 25.5" scale length. 1 piece Spalted Maple top· 1-piece chambered Swamp Ash back Maple Neck with .915 Soft V to C profile; maple fingerboard; Vintage tint poly finish on body; Nitrocellulose satin finish on the neck; Chrome hardware; DiMarzio prototype mini-humbucker pickups; Master volume and tone controls; push pull tone pot activates series mode; Double cutaway; Weight = 6lb 4oz. The Gosling is1 11/16" with a bolt-on neck construction.
Here it is on YouTube. That is not me in the video but it is the guitar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYidqyXl2zY

Soloway Swan: asking $2,000. A SWAN has a 27" scale length. It was the original guitar That Jim Soloway produced and every guitar he built for the first several years had the Swan scale length. Book matched quilted Maple top; 1-piece chambered Swamp Ash back ; Maple Neck with .915 Soft V to C profile; Vintage tint poly finish on body; Nitrocellulose satin finish on the neck; Chrome hardware; P 90 Pickups; Double cut body and in more recent years The Swan has 1 11/16" and a bolt-on neck construction.

Soloway guitars are designed by Jim Soloway who has been playing finger-style for more years. The fingerboard is much flatter than most electrics which makes it seem wider than it really is to accommodate the sort of large arpeggiated (not sure this is a word) chords that are common to finger picking and there is less arc at the bridge so that it plays much closer to an acoustic guitar than most electrics. The longer scale length of the Swan coupled with the heavily chambered body also gives it more of an acoustic presence in the way the strings ring. I find that these are truly the only electrics I like as a finger-style guitar player.

The prices listed above include shipping to the lower 48 states with a 3 day option to return, with return shipping at your expense. PayPal is accepted by the buyer is responsible for the fees. These prices are OBO and while I would like them to go to a good home, I am willing to keep all of them. Not sure I’m interested in any trades however everything is negotiable.

Ryan Mission Cutaway Maple/Sitka # 14: SOLD .

Charis GC: Sold .

Martin artist edition 000-18 KS Kenny Sultan #34: sold

Mustapick Nylon crossover: Sold (in transit) .

Let me know if you are interested in any of the guitars. I answer any questions you might have and send pictures as I take them.

The below guitars can be found at this post http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=486645
Collings OM1 E SS for sale $3,400;
Tony Vines 0-18 for sale $5,000;
Santa Cruz H custom Koa for sale $4,700;
Taylor T5 Maple for sale $2,000;
Soloway Gosling & Swan for sale $2,000 each;

Last edited by foosball; 10-27-2018 at 12:05 PM. Reason: sold another pending buyer's approval.
Old 10-19-2017, 08:59 PM
Charter Member

Smile Wow!

What a stash!

Sorry to hear about your hand issues. You may have already done so, but may I suggest checking out physical therapy, nutrition and acupuncture. All three have helped me in the last few years. Yoga stretching has helped for almost 50 years now. Knock wood!

I have owned two Ryans and would love to see pics of yours! Cool that his earlier guitars appeal to you more. He and his wife were both lovely and gracious when I visited their shop a couple years ago.

All the best on your sales, and your hands, too!

Cheers

Paul
Jumbo OLD Brazilian RW/WRC
Big Tunnel 14 RW/Bubinga Dread(ish)

R.T 2 12c sinker RW/Claro
96 422ce bought new!
96 LKSM 12
552ce 12x12

J. Stepick Bari Weissy WRC/Walnut

More
Old 10-19-2017, 09:24 PM

Default thanks Paul

Hi Paul,

I think you hosted an AGF gathering at your hose if I'm not mistaken.

I still have a good quiver if I were to sell these guitars. I have actually been to yoga and other physical therapy. It seems that I will see what the surgeon says and struggle on but I'm always open to new therapy.

I am however liking building my own guitars even with limited playing time on my guitars.

cheers

Jeff

The below guitars can be found at this post http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=486645
Old 10-20-2017, 08:13 AM
Charter Member

I can attest that the # 34 000-18KS sounds great, is easy to play, and basically mint.
Had a chance to play it at SBAIC.
Also Jeff is one cool guy!
Kenny Sultan
Old 10-20-2017, 09:54 AM

I had carpal tunnel surgery on my right hand 2 1/2 weeks ago. Symptoms (pain, tingling, waking up at night) disappeared immediately. Nerve still needs to recover to get full feeling back. Procedure was well worth it.... incision is almost completely healed, I played a 4 hour gig last night.
Old 10-20-2017, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telejonz View Post
I had carpal tunnel surgery on my right hand 2 1/2 weeks ago. Symptoms (pain, tingling, waking up at night) disappeared immediately. Nerve still needs to recover to get full feeling back. Procedure was well worth it.... incision is almost completely healed, I played a 4 hour gig last night.

Outstanding to hear! I have heard the surgery does wonders. Also some have said acupuncture helps.

There is hope.

Jeff

Old 10-21-2017, 11:54 AM

All PM's answered.

Thanks for the inquiries!

Old 10-22-2017, 07:39 PM

bump for a Sunday night!

Old 10-23-2017, 02:42 AM
Charter Member

I was the original owner of the Collings OM1 E SS, purchased it new and traded to Jeff for a Collings mandolin. Easy transaction and he was excellent to work with.
This guitar is a very cool guitar. Loved the shortscale neck. I tend to prefer EIR, that's the only reason it left.

J
give acupuncture a try-it might work for you.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:35 PM

Thanks for the post Daryl,

Miss the mandolin after seeing Sarah Jarosz this weekend.

I will consider the acupuncture since I have received that recommendation from so many people.

Take care

Jeff

Old 10-23-2017, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telejonz View Post

Same result for me. I’ve had both hands done.
The longer you put off surgery, the more long term damage can happen (loss of muscle/muscular control).
Old 10-23-2017, 11:22 PM

Thanks for that, that is what I am mostly hearing. I want this to resolve so I can play for four hours without it going numb.

Not trying to make this about my hands but I am grateful for any and all suggestions.

And for those concerned about me getting rid of all my guitars, i still have a nice stash if the ones below go away

Jeff

Old 10-27-2017, 10:39 AM

Some inquires, so back to the top

Old 10-27-2017, 10:49 AM

Wink Please send me

pictures and specs, body and neck dimensions on the Mustapick crossover. Thx
Old 10-27-2017, 03:31 PM

This is true, I waited to long and now my hands hurt even after short playing session.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blunote View Post
Same result for me. I’ve had both hands done.
The longer you put off surgery, the more long term damage can happen (loss of muscle/muscular control).

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars