The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 01-07-2017, 11:48 AM

Hilarious. I will say that yes I do love green, but the green obsession only extends to my Emerald Guitars. You can blame Alistair for naming his company Emerald. I have many guitars and only the Emeralds are green. In addition, I am certainly not saying I won't order more Emeralds of different colors. I'll just have to get through that little mental obstacle first. I also love peas and broccoli, but don't believe it's because they are green...perhaps that's exactly why. Hmmm. I will manage to somehow play bluegrass music on my green Emeralds. I'm tenacious.
Old 01-07-2017, 12:35 PM

Thanks jkwrpc. They are really wonderful little guitars. The action on all 3 of my Emeralds was far too high for me. I simply ground down the saddles and they instantly became a joy to play. Of course a little studio "verb" never hurt an acoustic guitar either.
Old 01-07-2017, 07:20 PM
Charter Member

Beautiful!

Mitch
Old 01-07-2017, 09:10 PM

Interestingly enough, I was recently made aware that the owner of that company (Emerald Guitars) is hiring someone to work in his shop. If you have some experience with tools and can do basic math, it may be a great opportunity to go live in Ireland and help build guitars.
Old 01-08-2017, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricLopez View Post
Interestingly enough, I was recently made aware that the owner of that company (Emerald Guitars) is hiring someone to work in his shop. If you have some experience with tools and can do basic math, it may be a great opportunity to go live in Ireland and help build guitars.
I would in fact, love the opportunity to work at Emerald with Alistair and all his team. I'm sure I would be a good candidate for the position as well, but at 40 years of age I'm now too settled into my career and life for that kind of transition. However, I can still dream of it.
Old 01-11-2017, 03:10 PM

As an X-5 owner, I'm curious why they stopped making this model?
Old 01-13-2017, 04:44 AM

Hi String_King,

Thank you so much for the mention, your three Emeralds look great together. We wish you lots of enjoyment with them!

Best wishes from all the team!

Sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by island texan View Post
As an X-5 owner, I'm curious why they stopped making this model?
Hi island-texan,

The X5 was our original travel guitar which we first introduced back in 2006. It went through a number of changes over the years and has always been the instrument of choice for those looking for the most compact roadworthy instrument possible.

As we introduced the more popular X7 model it stepped heavily on the toes of the X5 as it was just a little bit bigger, but offers a much better playing experience both in feel and tone and features a truss rod. Now finally the X5 mould has reached the end of its useable life and we have taken the decision not replace it at this time and focus on the X7 as our core travel guitar.

Best Wishes

Sean

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber