The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 09-12-2009, 12:15 AM

Default Working on Ciluzzi Song

Anyone else like his music? He's supposed to make some killer guitars also. Anyway I've been trying to get his song, Gospel, under my fingers and I'm failing horribly. For one thing, I can't get the slides to sound right. All you hear is the squeaky strings. I believe it's probably above my skill level but fun to work on all the same. It's such a beautiful piece of music though. Here's the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42_ZE6cbJ4Q
Old 09-12-2009, 02:06 AM
The Foreigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingerstylist View Post
For one thing, I can't get the slides to sound right. All you hear is the squeaky strings.
Because you're relieving the fretting pressure before you "finish" the slide?

Squeak is a function of many things including the state of your callouses, string material (PB vs 80/20) and whether or not they're coated. Maybe you'd want to try Elixir Nanos if it's bothering you?

I personally like some amount of squeak to remind me when my playing is getting sloppy
Transcriptions

(Yes, my PM Inbox is always full. For now, please send me an email at [my agf username]@gmail.com )
Old 09-12-2009, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmaak View Post
Because you're relieving the fretting pressure before you "finish" the slide?

Squeak is a function of many things including the state of your callouses, string material (PB vs 80/20) and whether or not they're coated. Maybe you'd want to try Elixir Nanos if it's bothering you?

I personally like some amount of squeak to remind me when my playing is getting sloppy
Hey MMM,

You may be right. I'll concentrate on that when I give it another go tonight. I just strung my guitar up with Sunbeams a few days ago. I'm sure they are no squeakier than Pearse strings. As usual with me, it's probably just a technique thing. What do you think of the song?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write