The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 02-15-2018, 01:07 PM

The song, the playing, and the recording, all sound great. Congrats on having the patience in getting your gear together! For years I have been making a list of things I want for my project studio, and I only buy the stuff when it comes available for a reasonable price.

Last edited by rockabilly69; 02-19-2018 at 12:45 AM.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:22 PM
Charter Member

This is very nice, really like your playing and the recording. Thanks for sharing. I'm just about to try recording and having a few examples like this one as something to strive for is very helpful even if my set up is significantly more modest.
Old 02-16-2018, 09:31 AM
Eric Skye

Sounds great sir
Old 02-18-2018, 11:50 PM
Charter Member

That was great, thanks for sharing the song and the knowledge.
Kostal 12 Fret OMC (German Spruce/Koa)
Rainsong APSE 12 Fret (Carbon Fiber)
Taylor 812ce-N 12 fret (Sitka/EIR Nylon)
Old 02-21-2018, 01:08 PM

Congratulations Anton, The M300 pair was a good choice! I also use these mics for my home recording setup. Your recording sounds great!
Old 02-22-2018, 02:43 PM
Charter Member

Default Fantastic Anton!

Aloha Anton!

Using the mic's you've intuitively known all along are "the one's" makes all the difference, huh? And we all can clearly hear it in your great acoustic recording. Excellent playing & recording, my friend. Thank you for sharing that.

It was interesting to "watch" you get to this point over about what, 10 years of progression? I even seem to recall that even the brightness of your guitar was called into question for a time (was that during the Peluso CEM6 phase)? Of course, the struggle for getting the money to get the right stuff is always an issue too - for all of us solo types.

But no, it was the mic's - finding & procuring the right mic's for you, your guitar & your playing. Great job, Anton!

I traded, swapped or bought great studio condenser mic's for over 35 years before I found the one's I was looking for on solo acoustic guitar pieces. I wouldn't ever part with my matched Schoeps CMC6 w/ MK41 hyper-cardioid caps (the latest pair also bought from Sdelsolray) for anything. They really work the best for me. Da "soich" is ovah.

Ya know, I've often written here that once you move up the trough (& most don't care enough to do that) to better recording condenser mic's & gear, you'll be free to trade & swap the best ever made. I did that for decades until my crazy mic addiction was finally cured - Ha! - about five years ago.

I share your philosophy in terms of buying recording gear, "If I have learned anything from all this is that get the best you can afford, even if you have to save a bit longer. Buy once, cry once." Well stated, Anton. Hey, like Joliet Jake Blues, I even once sold a decent car for a great mic. Ha!

All I can say is it's a good thing that you don't sing - those upscale vocal LDC's can be brutal on your wallet. I still have my M-G UM900 LDC even though I rarely sing anymore - can't part with that thing of beauty. That, is perfection.

https://reverb.com/item/750509-gefel...ube-microphone

That's the way it'll be with your 300's, Anton. Why move on to anything else? Your recording is perfect, right?

All the best to you, Anton. Bravo!

alohachris

Last edited by alohachris; 02-22-2018 at 07:54 PM.
Old 03-11-2018, 04:07 PM

Sounds wonderful!
Old 03-30-2018, 08:06 AM
Charter Member

It looks like there are three pairs of M300's on Reverb if anyone is thinking about pulling the trigger. Pretty good price for the matched stereo set.

https://reverb.com/item/10923418-mic...lips-case-mint

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD