The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 02-07-2018, 10:33 AM

In terms of construction, that's how Thomas builds the Leviora guitars - he cuts top, back, and sides as individual pieces and then joins them, so he has no mold other than the one used to pour the neck/headstock (I think). So his construction approach is 'traditional' in that basic sense at least, though no braces, of course.
Old 02-07-2018, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kray Van Kirk View Post
In terms of construction, that's how Thomas builds the Leviora guitars - he cuts top, back, and sides as individual pieces and then joins them, so he has no mold other than the one used to pour the neck/headstock (I think). So his construction approach is 'traditional' in that basic sense at least, though no braces, of course.
We'll I guess that means I didn't have an original idea [emoji6]
Old 02-07-2018, 07:05 PM
Guest 928

Luke;

No, you did not. However you had a logical thought, one that has been pursued and exceeded. Most of the new CF instruments have freed themselves from traditional build and arrived with some rather sophisticated sound and ergonomic engineering. It's a new world.
Old 02-07-2018, 07:13 PM

.... in much the same way that aircraft went from fabric stretched over wood frames, to stressed-skin aluminum, and now to titanium and carbon fiber. The guitar world is evolving too, not constrained by the limitations of working with wood.

Good info about the Leviora guitars, Kray. I'd still love to see one sometime. Book some shows in Boise, and stay with us.
Old 02-07-2018, 07:48 PM

I think McPherson also does bracing on their CF guitars in a way where there are no brace joints.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber