The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-29-2005, 03:07 PM

Default Looking for Website Feedback

Fellas,
I just updated my music wesite with new photos (including some from last nights' gig), video (taken off the local news), and links (pics of my guitars used live and pedal board). Check it out and let me know if it works OK.
Any & all feedback is welcome here. Thanks

Last edited by Taylor007; 07-14-2014 at 07:05 PM.
Old 01-29-2005, 04:14 PM

Brian -- The website is great, the clips on CDBaby are REALLY great ... but the video didn't ever reach the starting point on my Mac, OS 10.2.8, broadband.
Old 01-29-2005, 06:37 PM

the video worked for me - - and it was quite nice to see the "toledo idol"

everything worked a.o.k. for me
Old 01-29-2005, 07:02 PM
Charter Member

Looks great to me! Video worked perfectly and I'd say Jill's a lucky gal.

Last edited by Lisa; 01-29-2005 at 07:07 PM.
Old 01-30-2005, 12:08 AM

I couldn't get anything to work...no video...not even the images to load after waiting 5 minutes

Of course I am one of the last people on earth still using dialup, but hey.... it's free!

Also just wanted to point out that you don't have any "meta tags" with keywords and descriptions in the HTML code for your website.

I assume that your website is for exposure and with meta tags you have some control over how your website is indexed by web bots for some of the major search engines.

Also you built your site with Frontpage and wondered if you knew that your web site will only work on servers with Front Page Server Extensions? But granted that most server have them now but still a few don't!

Sorry I used to build sites for a living so it's hard for me not to look under the covers!

I DO however like the layout! Just wish I could have seen the pics!

2002 Taylor 810e
1996 Flatiron Festival F
1906 Friedman Bros. fiddle
Yamaha AW16G
Old 01-30-2005, 07:16 AM

The site looks good and the songs are fantastic. One thing I did notice is that the CD Baby logo you are using was made for a white background... notice the rough looking white edges...

I did a little editing to the photo to give it more of a black border... this might clean up the edges a bit... it's not perfect, but it might help...

Once again, great songs.

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream” ~Mark Twain
Old 01-30-2005, 08:15 AM

Concerning the photographs, resize them to the actual size displayed on the web page and it won't take a half hour for your photo page to load. That's also one of the reasons your cdbaby gif looks ragged on the page. It's a gif file being displayed on the page smaller than it really is.

For the thumbnails, don't use the actual huge picture files as source files for these. Whatever size you are showing the thumbnails on the picture pages, use source picture files of the same size. Same goes for pages showing the larger pictures and other graphics on the site. This will drastically speed up site loading for those of us with dial-ups. I'm not even going to attempt the video but it's good that we can at least right click and save. That's the only way those of us with a dial-up could really watch it.

I actually have a page on my site (here) devoted to picture resizing and how to avoid the blurring phenomenon that occurs when most graphics programs resize jpgs.

Last edited by AconyBell; 01-30-2005 at 08:24 AM.
Old 01-31-2005, 06:39 AM

Guys,

Thanks for the feedback. AconyBell - I'm in the process of trying to re-post pics. that are much smaller size. I didn't realize that by just saving them to the web, would make them huge. Any tips on how to do this? I also changed some of the HTML on the site -thanks JIM. I don't think these qualify as mega tags, but at least now, the top of the page (browser) gives an accurate description of the page you are visting. Like everything else, its a work in progress, but will def. be improved due to your feedback.
Old 01-31-2005, 12:09 PM

Nice job on your site. My band just went throught the process of redoing our site so I notice the details. It is very easy to get around in your site to get the info your fans need. If you get a chance take a look at our site. www.johnnyjustice.com
Old 01-31-2005, 12:59 PM

It looks good to me!
Old 02-01-2005, 09:34 AM

Default City paper CD link

Hi Brian,

Nice site...the city paper CD link does not work but I am sure you have no control over that! Other than that, a nice set up on your site!

Paul
Old 02-01-2005, 09:51 AM

Great site! Congratulations.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification