The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-27-2005, 10:00 PM

Default where's the shuffles?

the 1gb model. i remember when apple introduced the mini a trickle of them arrived at various stores (mostly the apple ones!) and then the supply dried up for a month or two. i think the 1gb shuffle has fallen victim to the same scenario.

i ended up ordering one from macmall who, along with everyone else including the two local applestores, is quoting 3-4 weeks. they had a $10 overnight shipping deal although you would have to question why that would make a difference to anyone--overnight shipping on an item backordered by a month? guess you'd just have to know me to figure that one out! [g]

anyway, has anyone found the 1gb model for sale anywhere? i read rumors some apple stores are getting in sporadic shipments 20 at a time.

/guy
Old 01-27-2005, 11:10 PM

Was in an Apple Store tonight. They had 512s on Tuesday and 1GBs on Wed and today Thursday they had sold em all out!
Old 01-28-2005, 08:09 AM

My daughter and I went and purchased a 1gb model on Wednesday evening. It's a very cool little device. Super easy and so small and light. We made a shuffle playlist on her iTunes account and she drops songs into that playlist and just updates to that playlist. She's 10 and not quite as keen on the random selection feature.

It's so dinky, that I'm thinking about getting one too...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification