The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace

Old 11-24-2014, 08:15 PM

When it comes to returns, I've never so much as had anyone there ever ask why I was returning it. Simply divine
Old 12-19-2014, 08:52 AM
Charter Member

I was recently reunited with a wonderful Taylor 524 First Edition that I'd originally purchased from John. It was a great transaction, and I'm just so glad to have it back...
Taylor 814

For Sale - Guitar Books http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=472299
Old 02-24-2015, 11:44 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarsan View Post
Hi John,

Any reason why your Custom Spruce/Cocobolo Taylors are GC models? In your opinion would the GA or GS shape not work as well, and why?

Thanks!
Hey—sorry for the delay in replying here. I only just ran across this.

Cocobolo makes any guitar sound better. That's my considered opinion. But among Taylors, the biggest improvement is on the GC body. And, frankly, the three best Taylors I've ever played were those three custom GCs. Sometimes it pays to stick with what works

Shoreline Music
• The world's oldest online music store
• 2015 & 2016 NAMM Finalist / Best Online Store
• AGF-only discounts
• Free Shipping + Free Returns
• Shoreline Rewards
• Videos
• Guitars from Taylor | Mcilroy | Larrivee
• Stage gear from K&K | Fire-Eye

Old 04-23-2015, 04:56 AM

Hey all,
just wanted to drop a note to say AGAIN...AGAIN....AGAIN... what excellent customer service John and Shorelinemusic give to forum members. Recently purchased several items including a Red Eye Twin preamp, K&K pm, etc and it always arrives quickly and in perfect condition. I recently had an order from another seller (non-forum) get lost in the mail and it was a bit of a nightmare to finally get my refund,
You never have to worry about such things with John and his folks at Shoreline.
Thanks again,
dcopper
Old 10-30-2015, 05:17 PM

Default Outstanding service - many thanks John...

I recently reached out to John to buy two Taylor Koa GS Minis to be donated to Children's Healthcare of Atlanta (CHOA), where my daughter works as a Music Therapist. The team there works with everything from autism spectrum kids, to traumatic brain injuries, to kids with cancer, etc.

John was very helpful - and was willing to be help a lot on price given the purpose of the purchases.

The Music Therapy team at CHOA absolutely love the GS Minis and their beautiful Koa gets a lot of comments from the kids - enabling the therapists to engage them easily.

Many thanks John - you were key to helping my wife and I (and our business) make some pediatric music therapists very happy - and most importantly, the guitars are helping some very sick little kids with their recovery and therapies!

Thanks again John!

Best,
Jeff & Kathy Ramminger
Old 01-25-2016, 04:30 PM

Gosh you guys are hard to get on the phone!!!
Old 05-21-2016, 08:17 AM

As a sit here in an airport waiting on my flight, I thought I would share my experience with John and Shoreline. Back in March I sent John an email in regards to ordering a Taylor 814 with Brazilian Rosewood back and sides (as I saw that was an option for 2016). He promptly responded which then followed with me giving a call. When he answered, he already had contacted Taylor to confirm they could build what I wanted (BRW/no cutaway/no electronics).

I decided against the ES2 and wanted to install a K&K instead. My knowledge was a little limited on pickups and pre-amps, but he took the time to explain some to me and made a few recommendations. I also asked if I could send a new nut/saddle/bridge pins (Colosi) for his tech to install before it shipped. Once again, that was not an issue.

My guitar is due to arrive in a week or two and I can't wait to play it. Throughout the waiting period, the communication has been excellent with him as he continues to provide me with updates along the way. I'll report back when it arrives, but I will gladly say, his customer service has greatly exceeded my expectations. I would highly recommend John and Shoreline Music to anyone looking for a great guitar, at a great price, with outstanding customer service.
2014 Pono ETPC Ukulele
Old 06-25-2016, 11:23 AM

Just wanted to post that my recent experience with Shoreline Music could not have been more positive.

John is a knowledgeable and down to earth guy. He's patient and answered all my inquiries about guitar comparisons with no bias. He's an honest guy who loves guitars overall.

I've purchased a pair of great speakers from him in the past and I would not hesitate to purchase my next guitar from him. Highly recommended!
Old 06-21-2017, 06:55 PM
Charter Member

Thumbs up

Just received a Schertler JAM from John/Shoreline, and the process was smooth, efficient and typical John charming and informal. I made a special request as part of the process and he could not have been more gracious and accommodating. It's a pleasure to work with him, and I am pleased to give Shoreline as much of my business as I can. Prices are great, service is just outstanding, and he and his team are the nicest bunch of folks around. Bonus that they are musicians themselves!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace