The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace

Old 11-19-2014, 07:30 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyjack View Post
Glad to see Jon & Sharon expanding their business to include other manufacturers. (They can get Larrivee guitars as well.)

Mine is just another voice to re-echo their credibility and excellent customer service. It's all about communication, responsiveness and congeniality: they do these things very well!

I bought a Larrivee OM 03RE and a Martin D-28 from MFG, so know they can get other manufacturers. I only wish I could go ahead and win the LOTTO so I can visit their "candy store" of so many GREAT/QUALITY instruments more often.

They are some of the most professional, competent and genuinely NICE people you could every hope to meet or deal with. You always see their name mentioned as one of the TOP vendors discussed on the forums.
Alvarez Yairi CY-127-CE
Alvarez Yairi CY-140-CE
Old 04-14-2015, 12:31 PM

I've had the pleasure of dealing with Jon and Sharon several times recently and they are awesome to do business with.

Sad I can't spend my money locally, but nobody is willing to work a deal like the folks at My Favorite Guitars!

and way too many picks...
Old 04-14-2015, 08:44 PM

Jon: Do you still carry Gibson? Have some interest in a Hummingbird.

I know I saw it on your site previously.

Thanks,
DJ in FL
Alvarez Yairi CY-127-CE
Alvarez Yairi CY-140-CE
Old 04-28-2015, 04:08 PM
Charter Member

I can answer I lieu of Jon to some extent. I went in and bought a Gibson J15 on closeout from him. He has discontinued carrying Gibson.

1998 Very Sweet Wife
2000 Cute Daughter (Grand Concert)
2005 Handsome Son (Dreadnaught)
2007 Lovely Daughter (Parlor)
Old 04-30-2015, 07:33 PM

Cool

Thanks for the feedback.
Alvarez Yairi CY-127-CE
Alvarez Yairi CY-140-CE
Old 05-10-2015, 09:27 PM

Thumbs up

I got a Martin D-35 Seth Avett from them last week, and I'm very happy with the service and price.

For those who are curious, I don't know much about Seth Avett, but he has designed a terrific guitar in my opinion. The specs and price make it a sweet guitar. It's a bit bright, so I put on some Daddario 13's , and ordered an ivory saddle from Bob Colosi. I've been playing it hard for a few days, so it's opening up very nicely.
Old 06-30-2015, 09:12 PM
Charter Member

I think Jon has a few more 1931 OM-28A's in stock and for the price I paid, I don't see them lasting long. I was planning on waiting until fall for one but once I saw the post Jon made, I had to make my move. Another flawless easy transaction with MFG.
Old 06-14-2016, 01:16 PM

Default Jon/ My Favorite Guitar is the place to go!!

Just bought a Martin Custom MFG 00021 from Jon and Sharon and recommend them to anyone looking for strait forward, honest advice from a highly experienced team. Among price, product and service, one usually has to pick two. With My Favorite Guitar, I got all three.

I have small hands and this was my first guitar, so I wasn't looking for a vendor whose perspective on guitars was simply price driven; seeing instruments as commodities. Such vendors often have average sales people, and that's being polite. Such vendors often carry many brands and salespeople often know less than I do about their specific products, which isn't much. Jon's applied his extensive practical experience to match me with the correct Martin for my needs and I viewed this service as value added. I'd have paid a premium for the added value , but as I say, I didn't have to. My Favorite Guitar's prices are better than I could find anywhere else, and I'm a good online shopper!. Jon's and Sharon's service is competent, prompt and professional. It was clear to me that I was dealing with a business owner, not a sales person. I'm not easy to please and frankly don't often praise vendors, but Jon is a top notch guy who everyone should check with before buying a guitar.

Last edited by outwestbound; 06-21-2016 at 06:00 AM.
Old 09-22-2016, 06:58 PM
AGF Sponsor

Thanks to all for your kind words. We sell Martins only (except for a few Applegate and John Hall guitars) and we are now in Oxford, FL (The Villages). We work very hard to take care of our customers and I personally take calls and answer emails 7 days a week from morning till night. I play with Clay Hess, Jack Lawrence, Richard Smith and others regularly so I am a player not just a merchant. We FOCUS on Martin Custom Shop and are one of the largest custom shop dealers on the planet. We do most custom shop builds at 40% off retail and submit multiple quotes daily.
888-CFM-1833 239-530-PICK (7425)
SPECIALIZING IN MARTIN CUSTOM SHOP GUITARS

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace