The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace

Old 05-10-2012, 07:55 PM
AGF Sponsor

Exclamation LA Guitar Sales - Best Pricing & Much More!!

Hey folks!

I've been a member of this forum for over 12-years, so most here know already, but I felt it was time to update this thread. I launched LA Guitar Sales back in 2000, mostly as a way to move my personal collection around, but soon it grew, and now we are top dealers for just about every brand we are authorized to sell. Our secure website is state-of-the-art, and we always feature high quality photos of the actual guitars up for sale. We started this trend back in 2000, and we have no plans to change.

Let me give you a little background about how we operate:

Used guitars - We started the business selling used guitars, and we still buy and sell hundreds each year. Our Pre-Owned section is loaded with great deals, and we update our site daily. If you have a guitar to sell, trade, or consign, there is no one that can offer you what we can. You can reach me seven days a week to discuss.

Martin - We are one of the largest Martin dealers in the world, we keep a huge selection of standard models on hand, and few if any other dealers build as many Custom Shop Martins as we do. Simply put, you will not find a more knowledgeable Martin dealer anywhere, and we guarantee the lowest prices. This is worth repeating, because last year I implemented a policy that will guarantee you get the lowest prices on Martin. We know what the other guys charge, and we beat them regularly. Out of respect for Martin, and our fellow dealers, we will never put our lowest prices in writing, so you will need to call 310.246.1933, and mention the AGF to get our best price.

Taylor - We have been a top ten Taylor dealer for years, with over a 100 guitars in stock at any given time, and as with Martin, we build more Custom Shop Taylors than just about anyone. We visit the Taylor factory several time a year to hand pick wood sets, and we always have the newest, and most limited models on hand. Over the years, Taylor has become much more selective as to who they allow to represent their brand, so we feel especially honored to have received top dealer honors from Taylor the last three years running. To put it bluntly, you would be wasting your time going anywhere else for your Taylor need. We know the brand inside out, we have access to everything they make, and you can always count on competitive pricing. Please mention the AGF when getting Taylor pricing.

Eastman - Yep, we are also one of the biggest Eastman dealers on the planet, with no less than sixty models on hand at any given time. We've sold hundreds and hundreds of Eastmans since we picked up the brand five years ago, and have a close relationship with the company. With our huge inventory, excellent product knowledge, going elsewhere for your Eastman needs would be a waste of your time. Please mention the AGF when contacting us about Eastman Guitars.

Rainsong, Blackbird, Journey, Kevin Michael - We are by far the biggest Rainsong dealer on the planet, and we sell more Carbon Fiber guitars than any other dealer out there. We know these guitars better than anyone, so if you are thinking of getting in to one of these go anywhere, play anywhere, and store anywhere acoustics, give me a call and I will give you all the info you need to pick the right guitar for you.

Santa Cruz and Lowden - We are proud to have been accepted as a representative for these two builders, it's truly a badge of honor. We have been selling the amazing guitars from SCGC for about seven years, and more recently added Lowden to our lineup, the first of which will be trickling in late summer, early fall. Most of the Santa Cruz models we sell are custom ordered for our clients, but we do try to keep as many on hand as possible. Given they only build about 400 guitars a year for their 40 authorized US dealers, it's not easy, so do keep an eye on our SCGC landing page for in stock guitars. If you are interested, or need any info about SCGC or Lowden, please feel free to call me, I am always happy to talk guitars. BTW, we are looking to add one more boutique builder to our lineup, stay tuned for more info.

Breedlove, Larrivee, Guild, Cordoba - Because we understand the varied needs of guitar players, we always keep an eye on offering from the smaller brands. Breedlove for instance builds only 5000 guitars in the US, which makes them more of a boutique brand, but they also offer imported models that are incredible values for beginners and touring musicians. Cordoba is probably the best value in nylon string guitars, Larrivee in steel string, and the new US made Guilds will surely be a game changer. Feel free to contact me about any of these brands.

Top Online Dealers, as well as True Brick & Mortar - Although we do 90% of our business long distance, we keep a fantastic showroom open to the public on the Sunset Strip. Hours are somewhat limited, 11-4 Monday - Thursday, but you never need an appointment, and you will never feel pressured to buy anything. We keep around 150 amazing guitars on display, but this is just a small percentage of our inventory and we are always happy to pull guitars from the back for you to try. For the majority of you who are not near our store, our lines are open from 8-6, and emails are answered seven days a week, so we are real easy to get a hold of.

Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have via email, phone, in person, or in this thread, and I will do my best to answer them.

Thank you for looking, and thank you all for your support over the years.

LA Guitar Sales - Facebook! - YouTube - 310.246.1933

Representing: Bedell - Breedlove - Blackbird - Composite Acoustics - Cordoba - Eastman - Guild - Journey - McPherson Carbon Fiber - Larrivee - Lowden - Martin - Rainsong - Santa Cruz - Taylor

Last edited by Ted @ LA Guitar Sales; 09-08-2016 at 08:38 PM.
Old 05-27-2012, 05:44 AM
Charter Member

Since Ted is a humble guy and will not sing his own praises, I will gladly do it for him.

I have bought a few guitars from Ted and he has always been a pleasure to work with. He has been patient in my searches, wonderfully helpful and more than fair on pricing. One of these days, I will travel west just to visit the store!

+1 for Ted and LA Guitar Sales!
Old 05-27-2012, 08:10 AM
Charter Member

+2 for Ted and LA Guitar. One of the nicest guys, not just interested in help you make your purchase, but sincerely interested in your happiness afterward.

2013 Joel Stehr Dreadnought - Carpathian/Malaysian BW
2014 RainSong H-OM1000N2
2013 Chris Ensor Concert - Port Orford Cedar/Wenge
1980ish Takamine EF363
A bunch of electrics
Old 05-27-2012, 08:17 AM
Charter Member

I'm loving my Martin OO-15M custom I bought from Ted, was a great experience all around. Ted was extremely helpful w/ my purchase. (and here it is),

Last edited by talkgtr; 05-29-2012 at 03:26 AM. Reason: add photo
Old 05-27-2012, 09:20 AM

A+ for Ted and Helene, great people to deal with, they have a great showroom with some cool history that is worth a visit, they have not seen the last of me, as soon as I scrape up some more funds I shall return.
61 Gibson LGO
65 Gibson LG1
Old 05-28-2012, 10:08 AM
Charter Member

Default A+ for Ted and Helene!

I purchased four guitars from Ted an Helene at their showroom over the past year. Most recently my Taylor GC6 last week, which I am having difficulty putting down! Ted and Helene have made my purchases wonderful experiences. Many times I have come by their showroom on the Sunset Strip to look at their new arrivals and Ted is as enthusiastic in explaining the different guitars and their voices as when I'm there to buy!

2012 Taylor GC-6
2015 Collings 000-2H 12 Fret
2011 Martin OM 15 Custom-Shadeburst
2013 Eastman E10P
2011 Kenny Hill Nylon Crossover
Old 05-28-2012, 12:13 PM
Charter Member

I get into enough trouble with LA Guitar Sales being on the opposite coast-can only imagine what would happen if I had direct access to their great guitars, service, and pricing.....
Taylor 714 (Enroute)
Taylor 814
Old 05-28-2012, 09:01 PM
Charter Member

Ted is a very good person to deal with, he is very thorough (and patient) about answering emails, and the descriptions of his guitars are accurate and honest. All of which I can say from my own personal experience in dealing with him.

We are fortunate to have him as part of the AGF Family of sponsors.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:40 PM
Charter Member

A great p,ace to deal with! Thank you for my Taylor then Martin!
Elixir PB Lights
Old 05-30-2012, 06:12 PM

Next time I'm in the Los Angeles area, I'll drop by. I have a number of higher end guitars to sell as well.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkgtr View Post
I'm loving my Martin OO-15M custom I bought from Ted, was a great experience all around. Ted was extremely helpful w/ my purchase. (and here it is),

What a beauty!

The stain does a wonderful job of showing off the grain of the mahogany. My long-ago O-15 had a yellow tint and much less contrast.
Old 07-01-2012, 03:40 PM
Charter Member

I'd like to add my voice to the chorus. Excellent service during and after the sale. Loving my SC Firefly. Ted & Helene are first class!

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Teacher/mentor - Richard Gilewitz

Simon Fay OM One
Santa Cruz H14
National M2
Schenk Grand Fingerstyle (Gilewitz Signature)
Schenk Grand Fingerstyle (Gilewitz Signature) 12 String
Old 07-15-2012, 08:16 PM

Just recieved my Voyage Air from Ted earlier this week. A+ Service. Thanks!
Old 07-21-2012, 11:00 AM

Default Rainsong Shorty LTD

I bought this from Ted a little a while ago and I still have had a chance to play more than 30 minutes yet. It's just been sitting in the case due to being a busy summer. Ted provided excellent service and communication.
Old 08-26-2012, 02:51 PM
Charter Member

I have purchased 3 guitars from Ted over the years. Ted does what he says he's going to do at a very good price and with an excellent guitar selection and great guitar knowledge because he's also a player. What more could you ask for?

- Glenn

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace

Tags
eastman, la guitar sales, martin, rainsong, taylor