The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-25-2002, 04:56 PM

Default lakewood?

I am receiving my new Lakewood A-14 twelve fret tomorrow...anybody else have any experience with this German guitar? It has somewhat limited distribution in the US.
Old 04-25-2002, 06:49 PM

Hiya. I have been losing sleep over an M22 and am M14. I played both and the walnut sounded better to me. I also played a Breedlove and it was great except for the bump in the neck at the body joint...common in Japan for guitars that have been in shops for a while. Then I played a Taylor 414c, it too was very nice but I can`t seem to get over the 3 piece neck. Did I mention the Tacomas? Well the are 3 that are causing me to toss and turn at night. I probably will pull the trigger on one of these this weekend...Golden Week sales start tomorrow. I think it will come down to the M22 and one of the smaller Tacomas...as for the Taylor, prices in Japan are outrageous and warranties limited to 1 year. I just may wait till I get back home for good to get one.
phew...I`m done...hope you like your Lakewood.
Old 04-26-2002, 05:29 AM

well Chip...I did it. Bought the M-22 today... maybe I`ll get some sleep now. Walnut body with a yellowish streak in the wood grain down the center of the back. Looks to be very well built and I`ll probably pass on before it does. My first Walnut guitar so it will take some time to assess the sound fully but it has a deep bassy sound without being overwhelming, understandable for a small body, but it seems to project well. The neck is as straight as an arrow... hey it`s a big deal in Japan a lot of guitars have the hump at the neck joint... and fills my hand just right. Low action and I will switch strings soon. I have been using the D`Addario coated strings lately and like em. Hope your sweety is as wonderful as mine. Don`t tell the Taylor guys though...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification