The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-09-2002, 04:53 PM
Charter Member

Default 2000 9xx series...

Do any of them have the glossed ebony peghead overlay or are they all the glossed rosewood? I think that while I like the Cindy inlay, I MUCH prefer the glossed ebony headstock...

(I am still very much in limbo over what to get for my x14...and it does not help that I cant play ANY of them till the end of May when I am actually going to be near a store that has these guitars...I am looking at a k14ce, w14ce, and 914ce for the most part right now...)

(Insert one line representation of cleverness here)
Old 04-09-2002, 05:17 PM
guitar, amp fixer upper.

Ryan

I haven't seen any with the Ebony headstock. What a cool choice. I have a W14c and really love it. It's a 2000 with the Cedar top and Abalone everywhere. I really like the K14ce they are really cool. Are you going to Taylorstock ?

Ron

Last edited by Cisco; 04-10-2002 at 11:11 AM.
Old 04-09-2002, 07:23 PM
Charter Member

Ron- originally, I was saying YEAH taylorstock no problem, but now I am going to be spending the summer in Wash. DC, however, I still think I am going to come out It will give me an excuse to come home to cali So yeah, barring any unforseen circumstances or spikes in airfares, I plan to be there.

Yeah...talk about a great choice to have, but I have to keep reminding myself that the reason that I have this choice is because I set a RIDICULOUS budget for myself hehehehe.
There are so many good aspects to each of the models that I am considering...It is disappointing to me that I am going to have to choose only one!

Old 04-10-2002, 11:12 AM
guitar, amp fixer upper.

Ryan

By the way how do you like the Doyle Dykes Cd's ? Do you like the Laurence Juber ? He is my favorite...I love his style. Notice how he'll be playing softly or slowly and then all of a sudden pull a string loudly or twang the guitar !

Ron
Old 04-10-2002, 11:32 AM

Don't worry about Ryan coming to Taylorstock. I'll drag him by his ear if I have to. He's only going to be living a few miles from my house for the whole summer, so he doesn't even have a chance of not coming.

Jennifer

P.S. Man, I wish I could set a high budget for myself for my next Taylor. It's just not fair! I guess that's a go reason to go out and get a job.
Old 04-10-2002, 04:59 PM
Charter Member

OWWWWWW Jen, my ear is getting sore!!

Ron- the CDs are fantastic, I really cannot thank you enough for the DD stuff, and for introducing me to Juber...its truly inspiring guitar work...unbelievable style and skill!

Old 04-10-2002, 07:58 PM
guitar, amp fixer upper.

Ryan
Always glad to share goodness...hehehe

Ron
Old 04-11-2002, 03:54 PM

Ryan, my 2000 914ce has the rosewood headstock, but it's so dark and rich, so beautifully set off by the inlays that I absolutely love it.

I played a friend's wonderful high end Larrivee recently, I forget which model, that had the ebony. Seeing them both played on stage by a trusted friend, I honestly like the rich rosewood on mine better. The glossy ebony almost looked plastic, then there's that plain, straight across upper end shape - not nearly as elegant as Taylor's. Personal opinion, I know, but you asked, and now I dun tole ya!

Having said all that, this particular Larrivee dread was one great guitar. It had the looks, the playability, and the tone to rival mine. It was well balanced tonally, but I was surprised that my 914's bass was as strong as this dread's. My friend was, too! He loves his guitar, but now he's head over heels infatuated with mine.

He's such a good friend, I'll probably let him come over and play it every other year or so....

cotten
Old 04-13-2002, 12:50 AM

Speaking of headstocks...Can I get the Glossed Rosewood headstock on a 514ce? I know it'd have to be custom done, but will they do it? And also, does anyone know if I can get the neck inlay of the 614, on the 514? Thanks
Old 04-24-2002, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by austinmusicmatt
Speaking of headstocks...Can I get the Glossed Rosewood headstock on a 514ce? I know it'd have to be custom done, but will they do it? And also, does anyone know if I can get the neck inlay of the 614, on the 514? Thanks
you can get anything you want if you're willing to pay for it.

=)

A
Old 04-24-2002, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by austinmusicmatt
For what it cost to Have something like that at Taylor you could buy a guitar with a glossed headstock. While they do it again, the price makes it discoraging. JW

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification