The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 09-22-2003, 12:45 PM

Clay Cook has co-writing credits on a couple of the older songs. I don't have my "Heavier Things" cd here at work with me, but I think he wrote all the songs on the new cd. I'll double check the cd to make sure.

I just talked with Clay at his Dads store (Taylor Dealer LOL) and a good friend and I asked him if he had any songs on the new album before I went out and bought it . Clay said he and John had talked recently via internet and John wrote all of them on this album. John also did all the art direction and while last time rocked I gotta tell him to call me help next time around LOL Like he cares .

I too paid too much at 13.99 and I don't know why I don't just go straight to best buy and forget all the stops in between . LOL

Clay is no longer playing with his uncle (Marshall Tucker Band but is doing his own thing promoting his newest album . Still has not had the ''big offer'' from the major labels . I like his stuff and live is a trip watching him play all the instruments . His songs are a lot like Johns second album and nothing like his first but they are more dynamic , maybe too dynamic for commercial play and that may be what's holding him up, but he is making enough off the songs he wrote on Johns first go round to keep him going as long as they stay up there. It's weird I remember John and Clay coming home that summer from a tour at Berkley and all excited about being pops next brooks and dunn duo and now they are going different ways , oh well I don't think pop music is ready for duos yet . LOL

Watching these two guys play and sing at Eddies Attic a few short years ago was something to see and I can not help but wonder what they could do together again. Talk about mind boggling guitar duo's .

but I degress. I checked the credits and sure enogh john wrote this round , funny thing is these sound more like Clays current work than the ones Clay actually wrote . What's up with that. l

Collings DS2H MhA "Bubba"
Collings OM 2H "Colleen"
Collings "Herb Special"
Eastman AR610CE-CS " Jazz "
Martin 000 28c MH "Merle"
Dudley Classical Dudley"
Baby Taylor "Baby Hoggy"

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification