The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-14-2002, 06:53 PM

Smile

Z-coils!
Indeed, there is something in the current DC/NY culture that equates a lack of unthinking boosterism with a lack of patriotism. As if not being drunk on the latest Dow gains is somehow un-American. - Arianna Huffington May 11, 2009
Old 04-17-2002, 10:37 AM

Default man this is just getting crazy

ive played about every type of electric guitar that is available in the 700-1000 dollar range...heres my opinions
STRATS: great guitars. i like especially the fender 50's strat. the neck is smooth, but the only thing about fenders is that the necks are too skinny for my taste. i like a fat neck. but they do sound really good. listen to the cream of clapton album for a good idea.

LES PAULS: this is what i own. i own a epiphone les paul standard and love it. wouldnt trade that guitar for anything. cant really tell a lot of difference between an epi and a gibson standard. epis are machine made and gibsons are handmade. that is the only difference that i know of. jimmy page payed a lespaul, so listen to some of zeppelins later stuff. the necks on these are a bit fatter than fenders. these are also a lot heavier than fenders, so build up some shoulder muscle.

these are about the only guitars i would recommend. everything else pretty much sucks. dont go with ibanez. they only make good basses. thats it. but be sure you get a good amp. a great guitar will sound awful if you get a really cheap amp. peavey makes good stuff, as well as fender, marshall, mesa boogie and vox. crate is decent, but the others are much better.

hope this has been helpful

matt

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification