The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2018, 01:47 PM

Very sorry to read of your loss.
Peace and joy returns, in time.
Old 02-04-2018, 02:19 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Song View Post
Very sorry to read of your loss.
Peace and joy returns, in time.
Thank you, Song. Each day, the memories are everywhere... just starting to smile as we remember. Joan had the Kitten Bowl on TV this morning - I thought that might mean she was ready to look again... not yet.
Old 02-06-2018, 04:58 PM
Charter Member

Our daughter has been keeping us busy, "volunteering" in her class. When she asks us to do it, it isn't really volunteering... maybe she means we will be going it for free?

The kids are working on Gravity Cruisers, a project set up in conjunction with GM (yes, General Motors) to get kids interested in design and physics. The Cruisers are taking shape...

http://captnjim.blogspot.com/2018/02...to-school.html

Middle school age kids. Our daughter is very patient. She reminds me each time that "these are kids, not boat crew - guide, don't order."

"Yes, ma'am."

On our way to our daughter and son-in-law's place. I'll try playing some guitar for their kitties again.
Old 02-06-2018, 06:52 PM
Guest 928

Captain;

That is way cool. I have spent much of my life in community service and applaud it in its various forms.
Old 02-08-2018, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post
There seems to be some unannounced limitations that have been implemented as I just ran into a 10000 character limit that force me to dramatically prune my dramatic NGD post!
Yikes... who has time to read (or write!) a 10k Wall of Words. That is one limit I will never have to worry about.

Now back living in Baja Sur where I started my carbon fiber journey... Bend OR was too cold!
Old 02-09-2018, 10:15 PM
Charter Member

Here's a real "Who knew?" for you: for the last 45+ years, I have been the only male in our family. Even the cats were all female. My wife convinced me that females were better behaved. Makes sense to me.

When not working in our daughter's class, the Blonde and I have been looking at shelter cats for adoption. My heart has been very heavy since we lost our sweet Izzy. One does not replace another, but I have room in that heavy heart. And this one need to be rescued as much as I did...

http://captnjim.blogspot.com/2018/02...boy-stuff.html

It has been a whirlwind of a day. Tomorrow morning, I'll see how Rufus does with some guitar music.

This was the "Facebook Memory" this morning...

Sometimes you need a push. When Joan asked me what I was looking for in the next furry family member, I said, "Female. Longhair. Young. Maybe light or ginger coloring." Not even close.

Jim
Old 02-09-2018, 10:30 PM
Charter Member

congrats On the new friend Jim...love the stare down there. LOL
Old 02-10-2018, 10:34 AM
Guest 928

Captain;

Good, someone else to look over your shoulder and keep you on the straight and narrow.
Old 02-10-2018, 10:40 AM

Best part about a male cat is when they pee on the carpet ... the smell stays almost as long as a CF guitar lasts. So you got that going for you.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 02-10-2018, 11:09 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
Best part about a male cat is when they pee on the carpet ... the smell stays almost as long as a CF guitar lasts. So you got that going for you.
We are fortunate that we don't have much carpet in the house or the motorhome. And, for those keeping track: 3 little box uses, nothing on the floor. Heck, he may be more trainable than I am.

Last edited by Captain Jim; 02-10-2018 at 11:35 AM.
Old 02-10-2018, 11:31 AM

Congrats on the addition! We look forward to meeting Rufus in Phoenix soon. (Great name too! Wonder where that came from? )

Nothing helps heal the loss of a furry friend better than rescuing another furry friend that needs a good home. We recently adopted away a cat to a home where she will be the only cat, surrounded by young kids and grandma. She was very active and a real sponge for attention, having been the runt of her litter. It was hard to let her go, but it was best for us, for the kitty, and our remaining two cats. They have both relaxed noticeably without the in-your-face youngster to compete with.
Old 02-10-2018, 11:40 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl49 View Post
Congrats on the addition! We look forward to meeting Rufus in Phoenix soon. (Great name too! Wonder where that came from? )

Nothing helps heal the loss of a furry friend better than rescuing another furry friend that needs a good home. We recently adopted away a cat to a home where she will be the only cat, surrounded by young kids and grandma. She was very active and a real sponge for attention, having been the runt of her litter. It was hard to let her go, but it was best for us, for the kitty, and our remaining two cats. They have both relaxed noticeably without the in-your-face youngster to compete with.
We know the joy of having a furry family member; this was soon, but I was ready, and Joan was almost ready. Now that she has spent time with that good boy, she is delighted.

The name Rufus didn't come from the band that launched Chaka Kahn. When looking at him, Joan said, "He looks like a ruffian."

I said, "Rufus!"

Done deal.
Old 02-10-2018, 01:22 PM

I was thinking along the lines of Rufus, the Emerald Hound. But naming a cat after a dog is just............... wrong.
Alice was telling me more about him from your blog, and I saw the additional photos.
Old 02-10-2018, 01:48 PM

Nice addition to the family Jim , I think my Molly would approve.

Old 02-10-2018, 02:15 PM

Congratulations on your new furry family member, Jim, and welcome to a loving family, Rufus.

We rescued Zephyr (male, below) and Willow (female, camera shy), who were originally named Anthony and Cleopatra at the shelter around 9 years ago. Zephyr adopted me. Willow adopted my wife. Our son, the cat whisperer, was adopted by both.

I've had the flu for the past week, and Zephyr and I have been having a napping competition - I never stood a chance.

He used to run away and hide when I brought a guitar out. Now he hangs with me and... umm... naps.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber