The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-09-2002, 12:13 AM

Default Line 6 Pro Pod

Hey guys:
I just quit my band and do a single act for living and use my Taylor Big Baby as my primary guitar. I also use a Telecaster for songs where I want electric with backing tracks. My Taylor sounds awesome at home in the studio with a condensor mic and preamp, but I hate the Fischman pickup and the sound that it puts out when lined through my mixer board out live. I have tried plugging it in to a Korg Pandora preamp with clean compression and slight chorus with delay for a lovely 12 string sound that is great with the PA system.
My question here is....I also have a Line 6 Pro Pod in my rack and would rather just run through that, but I have not heard any good acoustic sounds through it. Has anybody tried doing this and what were the results? It is afterall an amplifier modeler. Any presets reccomended?

Thanks,
Chaz
Old 04-09-2002, 06:34 PM
.tom the übergeek

Interesting question. I assume you have hit the POD patch sites around the web?
Old 04-10-2002, 08:46 AM

Default Pod patch sites...

I've only hit the one that the factory manual suggests. I don't know about any other sites. I'll check the links at the that site and if you know of any other sites, please let me know as well!
Thanks,
Chaz
Old 04-10-2002, 09:25 AM
.tom the übergeek

If you have Copernic you can search several search engines at once. There are hundreds of sites.
Old 04-16-2002, 08:46 PM

Chaz;

This is just a guess, I've never tried it, but try the Tube Pre-amp in the POD with just some slow shallow chorus and reverb. Make sure the AIR switch is on if you're going straight to the board.

Best to you,
Old 04-17-2002, 06:59 AM
More guitars than talent

Thats what I do every Sunday at church straight thru the PA with my regular POD. I use the tube-preamp setting with light chorus and reverb for my Taylor 414ce. Sounds pretty good to me. I use it with my electrics too. I just use a DOD a/b switch to hook them both up to the POD and I use the big Line 6 floorboard.

01 Taylor 814ce, 05 Taylor T5 Maple, 78 Ovation 10th Anniversary, Larrivee L03-12RE

98 American strat, 06 Gibson LP Supreme, 05 Gadow Custom Single, 05 Gadow Custom Hollow, 04 Agile Goldtop, 05 Variax 600, 03 Splatter Strat, 04 Homebuilt Tele, Dillion John Lennon model, Gibson Flying V, Agile Valkyrie SG

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification