The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 06-27-2017, 04:33 PM

Ah ok, that chart makes a lot more sense. It's just that you said mi to fa could be semi or whole tone, but looks like it's always a semi tone going by that chart. Sorry I've never studied solfege.
Old 06-27-2017, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0cks View Post
Ah ok, that chart makes a lot more sense. It's just that you said mi to fa could be semi or whole tone, but looks like it's always a semi tone going by that chart. Sorry I've never studied solfege.

That's not what I said. I said it could be a "semitone" or a "half step." Check where you quoted me. They are the same thing, just different terms used in different countries. Yes, the point is that it's always a semitone.

Lefty Acoustics

Martin 00-15M
Taylor 320e Baritone

Cheap Righty Classical (played upside down ala Elizabeth Cotten)
Old 06-27-2017, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyDee View Post
That's not what I said. I said it could be a "semitone" or a "half step." Check where you quoted me. They are the same thing, just different terms used in different countries. Yes, the point is that it's always a semitone.
Skim reading failure!!! My bad.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write