The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 03-04-2015, 03:55 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grampa View Post
Henry Winkler selling reverse mortgages.
That is truly scary, what a sad fate for the Fonz!

Regarding a birth year guitar, I saw an affordable 1950 Martin for sale last week at a local store, from Joe Satriani's collection. My first thought was "wow, a birth year guitar", and it looks to be in decent shape for it's age (kind of like me.) But that was closely followed by wondering if 1950 was a good year for Martins. At that point I didn't feel old, but more like I may be spending too much time on this forum.
Strandberg Boden Original 6
Eastman T185MX
G&L ASAT Classic USA Butterscotch Blonde
Rickenbacher Lap Steel
Voyage-Air VAD-2
Martin SW00-DB Machiche
1968 Guild F-112
Taylor 322e 12 Fret V Class
Old 03-04-2015, 04:41 PM
Charter Member

Things that make me feel old? - talking or reading about 'old age' especially when people 10 - 15 years younger think they qualify!

Then there's the adverts targeting the 'Over Fifties'...

My music Website or Soundcloud
Some videos on Youtube
Old 03-04-2015, 09:04 PM

Seeing some marketing pieces I helped develop (for energy saving light bulbs) in the Edison exhibit of the Smithsonian Museum of American History made me feel old. Then , just when I was getting past it, I saw a bunch of my favorite Dylan albums/CDs for sale in the gift shop. Just added insult to injury.

Jeff
Flammang RS35, Flammang el35, SC 000 12 Fret ss, SC H13, SC PJ, Rockbridge 00, Eastman 810ce, Recording King RPH 03, Martin LX (on loan), Martin 0018vs (given to Godson), Lowden F388c (traded), SC OM (traded), Martin OM28v (traded), Martin 00017s (sold), Bourgeois Martin Simpson Slope D 12 fret (sold), Larrivee Parlor (traded), Larrivee L05MT (sold), Gibson LG1 (sold), Seagull Folk (traded)
Old 03-04-2015, 10:19 PM

Things that make you feel old...

My age.

Old 03-04-2015, 11:28 PM

It's been nearly 20 years since Jerry Garcia died.

2005 Gibson J-45
1985 Guild D17
2012 Fender Am. Std. Stratocaster
1997 Guild Bluesbird
Old 03-05-2015, 12:12 AM

Being the baby of the family, I distinctly remember my mother saying on the day before my 30th birthday, "It's unbelievable, but the baby turns thirty tomorrow".

That was thirty years ago.

"Accept your lot, whatever it may be, in ultimate humbleness. Accept in humbleness what you are, not as grounds for regret but as a living challenge."
Old 06-23-2017, 07:33 AM

A few things that make me feel old... I've had 18 major surgeries and numerous doctors of several specialties. I hate having a doctor who looks 14 years old to me.

My brother used to be in business with me before he passed at age 47. We were at the courthouse filling out paperwork for a sign installation permit and the lady, seeing both our names, asked me if he was my son! There was 8 years between us.

Both of my sons are 2 inches and 4 inches taller than me.

On my rural street we have a neighborhood bbq a few times a month. A 31 year old guy lives in the biggest house on my road. He's single and has a party on his patio every weekend I'm always invited to. After 3 or 4 beers I have to leave by 10 at night to go to bed! They continue on until 3 or 4 in the morning.

I work out in a local gym 4 days a week for an hour at age 64. I thought I made a lot of progress when I doubled weights I was lifting. That is until I saw a teenager effortlessly lifting twice what I was. The kid was skinny as a rail with no discernible muscles!

I mow my 1 acre yard and weed trim. Takes about an hour and a half. I have to go nap for 2 hours afterwards.

I'm much too young to be this **** old. Mentally I'm stuck in my late 30's. It is cruel that my body will no longer comply with that!

A few women from my 20's contacted me on Facebook. I was shocked to see former Playboy bunny level women looking like an old great aunt of mine.

I gotta stop now before I have to go to bed for days in a depression!
Old 06-23-2017, 12:32 PM
Charter Member

Seeing airplanes that were brand new when I flew them, sitting out in the desert now missing engines and parts.
Old 06-24-2017, 08:05 AM

Seeing resurrected threads from two years ago containing entries from members who have since died.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic