The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 06-26-2017, 06:28 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogducker View Post
.... I found it hard to believe but some of the best coffee I've had is at--------McDonalds, of all places!
I love McD's coffee. It's quite good.

I used to love, love, LOVE tim horton's. Family are Tim's maniacs and we go several times a week. We brew Tim's grounds at home.

Interesting, I've been told that when Burger King bought Tim Horton's chain, they switched bgrounds supplier and McD's picked up their former supplier. So, rumor has it that McD sells Tim's old coffee.

Taylor GC7, GA3-12, SB2-C, SB2-Cp...... Ibanez AVC-11MHx , AC-240
Old 06-26-2017, 06:51 AM

As a long-time coffee addict, I also like McD's coffee...

My absolute favorite was Dunkin Donuts. We lost all the local shops for some years, and my wife had never had it, only my fond memories of it....last year we were on a road trip and saw one. We had to stop so she could try it...she wasn't that impressed, then found out she, out of habit, got a Dark Roast...sigh...maybe for her birthday next month I'll get her a grossly overpriced bag of it...
Old 06-26-2017, 06:54 AM

McD's coffee? Meh.

Starbucks coffee? Certain roasts are good, most have fallen out of flavor for me.

I had BK coffee the other day for the first time ever and couldn't stand it.

I've been drinking this stuff for over 30 years now when my beloved grandparents got me started on it around 10 years old. I'm a snob that has fallen in love with the beans of a couple local CO companies. Boyer's Kona for me every morning (my wife loves it too), and Allegro roasts some fine beans as well. Not sure you can get these outside CO?
Old 06-26-2017, 07:06 AM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazool View Post
I love McD's coffee. It's quite good.

I used to love, love, LOVE tim horton's. Family are Tim's maniacs and we go several times a week. We brew Tim's grounds at home.

Interesting, I've been told that when Burger King bought Tim Horton's chain, they switched bgrounds supplier and McD's picked up their former supplier. So, rumor has it that McD sells Tim's old coffee.
Hmmm, I'd be very surprised if this were true. I doubt that my taste has changed to like what I used not to...don't like the new TMs, didn't like the old.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic