The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 06-16-2017, 08:05 AM
Charter Member

Reminds me of the guy that came up to me after a show and said how he really liked the SRV song we did. We didn't do any SRV songs. I thanked him and we went on our way. There's a million audience stories.

Follow The Yellow Brick Road
Old 06-16-2017, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redir View Post
Funny you mention that because just a month or so ago when my Twin was in the shop getting recapped, I used one of the backup amps for the band that I never used before. It always sat in the corner, the grill was kicked in and it just looked like a shiddy little practice amp. It is a Randall RG120. I plugged into it and was like...wow this little sucker sounds pretty good!
Fix the grill and play it like you stole it - it'll take everything you throw at it and then some. I've had a gray-stripe RB-120 1x15" two-channel bass combo for the last 35 years - used it as my performing bass amp in the '80s/90s (gets a nice old-school tone good for '50s/60s R&R/R&B, country, and jazz) and no-frills jazzbox amp through the guitar channel (also does a great job with a Gretsch if you want the old Chet Atkins Standel tone), presently serves as my music-room go-to for bass practice and testing out guitar repairs/mods/new instruments (super-clean/big power/big headroom so it shows up any problems in a hurry) - with no signs of quitting...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars