The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 02-18-2017, 06:00 AM

Default Samson C02 vs Behringer C2

Hello,

I'm getting a cheap Stereo Matched Pair soon, and i'm considering those microphone:
-Samson C02
-Behringer C2

Which one is better for the price?
Behringer C2 cost around $60, while Samson C02 cost about $75.

And will they sounds way worse than Rode NT5 MP, a $430 microphone?

Thanks.
Old 02-23-2017, 03:07 PM

Hi Jonathan. Depending on your current skill level and the rest of your recording environment, you may or may not be able to hear a difference between the Behringer and the Samson. But even inexpensive mics can sound great these days if you know what you're doing. IMO, just get your pair and go to work. I have a cheapo set of the Behringer omnis that I hung over drums and they did a great job. No need to be comparing them to expensive mics though. They are what they are. When your ears start pining for a more refined sound, you'll start buying new mic preamps, better monitors, new ....etc., and then you'll wish you'd never started all this. Not really, it's a lot of fun. I say get the Behringers.
Old 02-23-2017, 06:39 PM

Flip a coin.
At the price point for SDCs there's so little uniformity that either one could be "better" than the other on any given day. Don't expect much as far as actually being matched by the time you get them in hand.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD