The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 05:16 PM
Charter Member

Default Kinnaird SJ (2007), bearclaw sitka/EIR, *NO LONGER AVAILABLE *

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1921094779...84.m1555.l2649

Here's my Kinnaird SJ listed on UK eBay. Will update this thread & also my eBay description sometime tomorrow when I find time. Time to be mercenary & defeat the GAS. Now my delightful Tippin DST12 has gone to a better place, it's time to ensure the Kinnaird SJ enjoys a similar fate. It's a fantastic guitar in every way, with many special upgrades to make it truly unique. It simply overlaps my other keepers tonally speaking & as much as I'd like to keep it, recent experiences prompt me to face some home truths and let it go. Someone will be very happy with this guitar. It's absolutely gorgeous & plays all styles to a high degree. Apologies for the flimsy description but I'll bring this up to date sometime tomorrow. Just wanted to ensure it was given a little of the limelight before the end of the day!

No LONGER AVAILABLE.

Last edited by neildealdylan; 04-17-2017 at 05:13 AM. Reason: Change title wording
Old 02-20-2017, 05:28 PM

I somewhat miss this guitar. You have to see the bearclaw on this one in person!

Last edited by Chedeng88; 02-20-2017 at 06:38 PM.
Old 02-21-2017, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedeng88 View Post
I somewhat miss this guitar. You have to see the bearclaw on this one in person!
Man, if I only had the ducats - - -

Last edited by Montesdad; 04-11-2017 at 07:50 PM.
Old 02-22-2017, 12:23 PM
Charter Member

Default First bump....

Just updated the specs on the eBay listing with some fingerstyle soundclips too, courtesy of Rye I put new strings on this guitar & I really don't know why I'm selling this one, seriously. It really sings as the soundclips show. But I've promised the "dragon" to downsize the numbers & I just cannot bring myself to offload my lifelong Goodall or Tippin OMT in my rosewoods. It's as good as those instruments & if I'm to believe my guitar technician, it's better because it does everything. But since the guitar string change, my head's in a spin. For now this guitar is for sale
Old 02-25-2017, 08:24 AM
Charter Member

Default To the top...

Man, I'm going to miss this one when it goes. Just returned home after 3 days in the north country due to major family health issues. I took this Kinnaird SJ along with me seeing I'd just changed the strings & needed a guitar companion. The new strings make this sound fabulous & I honestly don't really want to sell it. A few years ago this would have been a major player in my herd/collection. But it simply overlaps my all time favourites and I have a glut of top notch rosewoods. Something's got to give because the days of keeping a guitar simply for the sake of it, they're long gone since the wife made me promise to simplify my guitar life. So someone please take it off my hands before I change my mind.I might be open to reasonable offers to prompt me to let it go. Will reply to messages later when I find time. Thanks for the trade offers & even though the GAS still lurks within, ideally this one must be sold to appease "her nibs"
Old 02-26-2017, 08:42 AM
Charter Member

Default Sunday bump

Bump this extraordinary Kinnaird SJ to the top...... you won't see another with these upgrades & bling.
Old 02-27-2017, 10:18 AM
Charter Member

Default Bump it again......

Courtesy bump to the top. Although I'm very contented with my keepers right now & in no huge rush to let this Kinnaird go....I might let the GAS prevail & consider a trade of some kind with an exceptional Goodall, Froggy Bottom or something untried. But I'm a little apathetic about letting this one go & it would have to be something incredibly special....and no smaller than an OM and no dreadnoughts considered. I'm trying to keep an open mind....would prefer a sale in a perfect world.
Old 03-01-2017, 06:55 AM
Charter Member

Default And again....

Responded to all emails, questions answered. Sale preferred but will consider exceptional trade options to my wife's dismay
Old 03-02-2017, 02:15 PM
Charter Member

Default Another nudge

Another friendly nudge to the top. No urgency in selling this one, would prefer a sale eventually & open to offers. Otherwise feel free to make any trade offers too but only interested in something exceptional like a Froggy Bottom or top wood combo Goodall.
Old 03-03-2017, 01:26 PM
Charter Member

Default Temporary price drop......

Thanks for the offers but nothing tickles my fancy yet. Just seen a guitar that I would love to buy but only using recycled guitar cash from selling one of my own. THEREFORE A TEMPORARY PRICE DROP UNTIL THIS OTHER GUITAR IS SOLD.

AVAILABLE FOR £3500 FOR A SHORT WHILE.
Old 03-05-2017, 05:32 AM
Charter Member

Default Temporary price bump again

Bump it to the top at this price.... £3500
Old 03-06-2017, 08:15 AM
Charter Member

Default Tempting trades

I've received some really surprising & incredibly tempting trades from Germany & Norway. I'm possibly going to take up one of these offers......IF I don't receive a purchase offer in the near future. This is mainly to appease the wife because I did promise to downsize the herd. But the GAS still lingers & when I receive a couple of offers like these, it's very tempting. So I'll bump this one again and maybe someone will be tempted to buy it outright. However I'll always be tempted by a Froggy Bottom, top Goodall or even a Doerr.
Old 03-08-2017, 06:53 AM
Charter Member

Default Bump it

Seems like I'm receiving mainly trade offers on this one so I'll bump it again. I'd rather sell this beauty BUT have to confess some of the trades are enticing me, especially one of them. I'll just give it a little more bump time before making a decision.
Old 03-09-2017, 09:54 AM
Charter Member

Default And again....

Again, it seems like it's a trading market. Open to offers on this guitar right now......make your price known otherwise this guitar will be traded soon. Thanks.
Old 03-10-2017, 10:44 AM
Charter Member

Default Keep it in the spotlight..

Keep the trade offers coming.....and still very much open to offers. I was considering a trade very seriously but that's now fallen through due to a change of heart. No one will be disappointed in this Kinnaird SJ & you won't see another quite like it with all the upgrades.
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars