The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 06-25-2017, 12:45 PM
Charter Member

Default K&K Mini Question - BOSS Pedal to make work with other Preamps?

Just wanting to confirm I understand this correctly...

If I use a BOSS pedal first in my chain, then I should be good to use other variations of preamps without a load mismatch? (I know I'm phrasing that wrong). Example being guitar > Boss Tuner > Acoustimax (or PADI, or whatever)?

I've got a K&K preamp, but we are doing an acoustic series coming up and with only the one K&K preamp, wanted to use another preamp, and am figuring (hoping I understand correctly) that all I need to do is through a BOSS pedal in front, and I should be good?

Is that correct? At some point I'll pick up a second K&K Preamp, but holding off right now..

EDIT - forgot to mention, going direct to a house PA system in large facility.

Thanks!

Last edited by almesy; 06-27-2017 at 09:01 PM.
Old 06-25-2017, 06:26 PM

Essentially true, though I think far too much is made of the impedance mismatch thing. A small tweak of the EQ will fix most issues, usually a pinch of boominess. I've never struck a major problem just plugging in to whatever was there.

The first amp I ever plugged mine into was the little AER 40, it sounded wonderful. Just to see, I have plugged straight into Rolands, Marshalls, Street cube, Ibanez, assorted speakers and mixers, never had a real problem. I have a pedalboard with a PZ as part of it so can tweak to my hearts content if I wish, but...

Kris
Old 06-25-2017, 07:23 PM
Charter Member

Thanks Kris,

Appreciate the reply. I'm not too worried about it, was mainly just checking my degree of understanding what I thought to be correct - that a standard BOSS pedal somewhat alleviated whatever the mismatch was alleged to be with some preamps.

We go direct to house PA in an auditorium.

Good to know that any audible affect is just some roominess, rather than noise, or other issues. Seems easy enough to tweak.

Thanks...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification