The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 10-12-2017, 11:32 AM

Default New ideas for Blue Bossa?

Hi!

I was playing one day this almost over played jazz standard Blue Bossa. I wanted to try maybe something different approach on it and made kind-of-smooth jazz backing track. So here is something that i came up with: I hope you like it.

It would be nice to hear if you have any kind of new ideas for this song. Thanks!

Old 10-12-2017, 10:11 PM

Wow, I sure cannot suggest anything that would be an improvement beyond the already excellent soloing ideas you have presented. I think your playing and voicing sound just great; I especially liked the chromatic runs you used in the beginning of the clip. I think you are a fantastic player.
Old 10-13-2017, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paultergeist View Post
Wow, I sure cannot suggest anything that would be an improvement beyond the already excellent soloing ideas you have presented. I think your playing and voicing sound just great; I especially liked the chromatic runs you used in the beginning of the clip. I think you are a fantastic player.
Thank you a lot! That really warmed my soul.
New idea doesn't need to be more advanced playing or something like that but different approach. I think we all have personal approach in playing and others can see something that player does't him/herself see in one's playing.

But thanks! Cheers!
Old 10-15-2017, 12:51 PM

Hi Mikko,

I still love this tune... ;-))) ... and your solos are really great... my deep respect !!

greetings from Germany - Gerhard
Old 10-16-2017, 03:03 PM
Eric Skye

All sounds great to me
Sounds great on nylon string.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkoKarhula View Post
Hi!
It would be nice to hear if you have any kind of new ideas for this song. Thanks!
Okay, sure. Here's my friend Scott and I playing it a few years back. In my mind, I'm taking a bluegrass approach to the tune here https://youtu.be/0W_IdD2Rg0Q
Old 10-17-2017, 11:18 AM

They always say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so I'm stealing your licks!
Great job Mikko. I like it.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell