The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2002, 03:40 AM
guitar, amp fixer upper.

Hey guys...I found on PhilKeaggy .com a tab book that has a lot of the songs I like from Beyond Nature !!! Whoooo Hooooo !!! Gosh I really like Phil's stuff. If anyone needs anything e mail me.

Ron
Old 03-11-2002, 02:20 PM

Hi gang!
I want to add my name to the list. While I am not the worship leader I do play guitar in the worship bad at church. I play a 714ce and run it through the sound system in the sanctuary.
Old 03-11-2002, 02:46 PM
I know that one

Hey GMY -

I think you meant to say "band" not "bad" in your post unless it's a Freudian slip. I know in my case bad might be the right word on a given Sunday. Who was it on the TGF that used to use the moniker "My kingdom for a spell checker"?
Old 03-11-2002, 04:30 PM

Red face Speeking uv spel chekurs...

A few years ago, our church decided to change it's yellow pages display ad. I don't know who proofread this, either on our end or theirs, but instead of "seeking first the Kingdom of God", we became known to all far and wide as a church "seeking first the Kindow of God."

And no, they DON'T recall all of the phone books to correct them, in case you were wondering.

At least nobody joined the church thinking that it was some kind of Christian/Eastern/Mysticism denomination.
If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Romans 12:18
Old 03-12-2002, 06:45 PM

I play on a worship team at St. Stephen's Anglican church in Montreal. We're an evangelical and charasmatic inner-city parish with 300+ members.

http://www.crossspot.net/ststephens/

We currrently have 4 worship teams, and play on a rotation schedule. This does not give me much playing time, worship-wise. However, there a many talented folks at our church, and many want to share their gifts. Each of the worship teams has their own "flavours", and I am always blessed by our worship time, no matter what side of the microphone I find myself.

We use some Vinyard music, plus the usual mix of Integrity, traditional hymns, etc.

Currently, I am wintering in Corpus Christi, TX, where I play
full-time with the worship team at Church of the King (Evangetical Presbyterian), two services a week.

Oh yes... and I use a 2001 Taylor 710 with a B-Band setup.

1977 Guild D-35
1981 Daion "model 80"
1999 La Patrie "Collection"
2000 Taylor 355
2000 Michael Kelly Studio QCE
2001 Norman B20-12
2001 Taylor 710

"Just one more guitar... I promise!!"
Old 03-13-2002, 01:49 PM

I play a 714ce ltd. with our worship team at Congregation Baruch HaShem in Dallas. We have a wonderful congregation of about 300. His Spirit fills the sanctuary.

Mike G - I was born in Rochester and lived on Alcott Rd. until we were transplanted to Texas in 1956 when I was 3. I made my first return trip there 3 years ago, and the nice lady that used to take care of me when I was a baby is still living in the house next door! I really suprised her with my visit - it was cool. We really liked Rochester.
Old 03-13-2002, 03:11 PM

Hi Herb:

I moved to Rochester about 6-1/2 years ago and we are pleasantly surprised how much we like it here... I also worship with a 714. God is good. We should all thank the Lord for our Taylors and the ability he has given us lead folks into worship...just a spontaneous thought.

Blessings
Old 03-14-2002, 03:15 AM

I do.

cotten
Old 03-15-2002, 11:03 AM

Hey everybody!

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet (just scanned all four pages of this thread) But if you want to hear some good acoustic worship check out Shane Barnard.

He is an independent artist. I went to one of his concerts last weekend, and he play about six or seven of his original's then he had the lights turned out (all of them ) and he said he just wanted us to focus on God and not him on the stage. He then lead us in about 45 minutes worth of Praise and worship in the dark. You could really feel the spirit moving in that place. Best concert I have ever been to and it was just Shane, his friend on backing vocals, two acoustics and two metal folding chairs, and alot of worship going on!!

If you go to www.grassrootsmusic.com, you can do a search for shane barnard and hear some clips.

He was palying a Taylor 310ce, or 410ce, couldn't tell from where I was at.

2001 710ce
1996 USA Standard Telecaster
1991 Alvarez Midnight Special
1992 Squire Strat
1966 Fender Mustang

"You must cut down the largest tree in the forest with... A HERRING!!!"
Old 03-15-2002, 01:30 PM

Brad:

Sounds like a great time of worship. Look forward to checkin' him out. Thanks..
Old 03-16-2002, 02:05 PM

I concur with teleplyr. I've been listening to his music for the past two years and never get tired of it.

Teleplyr, do you know about the ftp site with his live music? If not, email me and I'll tell you more.
Old 03-16-2002, 03:28 PM
Charter Member

There are several great Grassrootsmusic artists, Shane Bernard being one of them. Check out 100 Portraits too. I like a lot of their artists because they are primarily acoustic guitarists.
Lisa
Old 03-18-2002, 05:53 PM

Thought I would chime in. It's great to know there are so many Christian musicains here supporting one another.

I am a Lutheran pastor, guitarist, and very amature songwritter. Our worship now is tradtiional and liturgical (which I enjoy), and while we usually use organ to accompany our hymns, we are starting to interject some "praise" songs with acoustic guitars, bass, and even a flute from time to time.

We hope to start a Thursday night contemporary service. I'm in the process of putting together a worship team now. I'm really looking forward to this- hoping we might share the Good News with folks who wouldn't necessarily be comfortable joining us on Sunday morning for one of our traditional services. But I'm expecting some resistance from our "old guard" too. This will be something very new and different for us, and as you know, some people, especially older people, often resist change.

I would be most appreciative of any prayers you might offer on our behalf.

Thanks and God bless,
Jack ><>
Old 03-18-2002, 06:05 PM

Hey all,

Just saw this thread and read all 4 pages of it. So awesome to see how God has blessed you all and that you are using the finely made Taylors to serve Him.

I used to help with the worship for my old church about 5 years back. We did a lot of Vineyard stuff. Then I started going to a vineyard church. I have had several moves in the past couple of years and have been going to Vineyards since. God has really blessed me through this church and has taught me so much about worship.

Currently, I am at a Vineyard in NYC and have been helping out with the sound from time to time. There are some awesome worship leaders out there. A few friends and myself have a street worship ministry where every month we would just worship God in the subways.

I just got my first Taylor 2 weeks ago (914ce LTD). I have not used it in leading worship but it has been an awesome tool in my own personal time with the Lord. I look forward to serving Him with it.

I also look forward to seeing how God is blessing many of you through the gift of music.
Old 03-18-2002, 07:08 PM

Some of you know that I have been away from the lord about 20 some odd years and in the past year I have been compelled to find my way back.....I did. I have been to the Calvary Chapel here in St George UT for 2 visits, and while the pastor has been on vacation, I still get a tingly feeling on top my head when I am there, (am I wierd or what?)anyway, I plan to become a perminent resident there.
I love the song worship, and do somehow feel the need to get involved with that somehow, someday.
It feels good to be "home again"

Won a strap from the B.I.W.B. contest.
Ibanez AW300NT (its a new start)
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification