The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 05-06-2010, 08:41 PM

Default A/E suggestions

Yikes. I’m thing of jazzin’ up the acoustic duo with my wife. Have had the nylon bug for a few years. I think listening to all those nice recordings by David Hilyard got me going. Anyway, will need an acoustic-electric. Something under 1G. I will be picking and strumming this. I kind of dig the looks of a Yamaha Silent or a Godin ACS. Also considering a more traditional cross over like the Cordobia GK. Any thought on how these sound plugged in. Thanks.

come to one of our shows just east of Atlanta!
http://mikeandkayte.com
Old 05-07-2010, 07:05 AM

If you are mainly focusing on the plugged in tone, a Takamine, Cordoba Fusion, or the Taylor NS2 series will all due a wonderful job. Yo might even be able to find a used Godin in that price range. Try Elderly. THey have a great selection of used nylons. Just this week, they had a Taylor, Breedlove, Corboba, Yairi, and a Godin.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike o View Post
Yikes. I’m thing of jazzin’ up the acoustic duo with my wife. Have had the nylon bug for a few years. I think listening to all those nice recordings by David Hilyard got me going. Anyway, will need an acoustic-electric. Something under 1G. I will be picking and strumming this. I kind of dig the looks of a Yamaha Silent or a Godin ACS. Also considering a more traditional cross over like the Cordobia GK. Any thought on how these sound plugged in. Thanks.
Hi Mike,

Thanks so much for the nod to my music. Glad you're looking at a nylon string. They are pretty satisfying.

Though a little higher than your range, I've found Rick Turner's Renaissance RN 6 to be a very easy playing guitar, and wonderful sounding plugged in. The looks are a little different, but they are a kick to play. The Godin ACS is also fun. They will both have a less than "classical" sound, but probably great for what you need.

Hope you and Kayte are well and gigging all over the place! Nice stuff you do!

Cheers

Hey Mike,

I just visited your website and schedule. I see you have a regular gig at Jack Baker's. Cool! I've eaten there several times and it's a great venue. What a nice view, too. Rock on!

Last edited by David Hilyard; 05-07-2010 at 10:27 AM.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:05 PM

Thanks Dave. I hope you find your way over to the east coast sometime soon!!! Kayte and I are in the studio recording covers we twisted up for possible??? Re-distribution. So far, we’re extremely happy with the results of having someone do the recording for us. We expect to be finished and mastered by mid June.

I went with a Godin here. Should have it next week. This fellow has the sound I’m going for. Not true classical nylon but, good for me. I’ll update everyone on my thoughts soon.

Thanks again for the suggestions and comments.

come to one of our shows just east of Atlanta!
http://mikeandkayte.com

Last edited by mike o; 05-17-2010 at 07:31 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical