The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 03-29-2010, 02:15 PM

I've tried a variety of strings but keep coming back to Savarez Corum Alliance.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:49 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
^ +1. I also use D'addario Pro Arte.
+1 on the Pro Arte strings.

Sad Moments {Marianne Vedral cover}:

My SoundCloud page

Some steel strings, some nylon.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:17 AM
HarleySpirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratokatsu View Post
One thing not to try... Martin classical ball end strings. Terrible stuff. I think all the price went into the ball on the end and nothing into the quality of the strings. I gave them 3 days and they were gone.
Now isn't that odd... I've been using "DARCO" High Tension Ball End strings by Martin&Co and they are surprisingly good and not very expensive.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:23 AM

I supposes all any of us can recommend is the quality and consistency of the strings as different guitars and playing techniques have different requirements.
My classical guitar sounds best to me with Augustine "Gold" strings which I've been using since shortly after I had the guitar made in 1975. A previous classical guitar that belonged to my mother (made in the 1930s) which an airline lost, sounded best with Savarez low tension strings. The factory string choice, D'Addario Pro-Arté Extra Hard Tension, worked well for my Taylor NS72ce-LTD.

Augustine "Gold" strings are hard to find. For years I used to have to buy a case of them as music stores felt they wouldn't be able to sell the remainder of a minimum order if I only bought a set or two. Now I can order a single set through the internet.

These are Augustine "Gold" strings:

http://www.juststrings.com/aug-ang.html
Old 03-30-2010, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb Hunter View Post
I supposes all any of us can recommend is the quality and consistency of the strings as different guitars and playing techniques have different requirements.
My classical guitar sounds best to me with Augustine "Gold" strings which I've been using since shortly after I had the guitar made in 1975. A previous classical guitar that belonged to my mother (made in the 1930s) which an airline lost, sounded best with Savarez low tension strings. The factory string choice, D'Addario Pro-Arté Extra Hard Tension, worked well for my Taylor NS72ce-LTD.

Augustine "Gold" strings are hard to find. For years I used to have to buy a case of them as music stores felt they wouldn't be able to sell the remainder of a minimum order if I only bought a set or two. Now I can order a single set through the internet.

These are Augustine "Gold" strings:

http://www.juststrings.com/aug-ang.html
yes Augustinie are great strings, i used blue for long time, then regards.
now in mexico we dont have it.
i been using for my 8 string a special set by LA BELLA.
Eblen
Old 04-06-2010, 02:01 PM

Red face

On my Takamine I have tried several different types but have settled on D'Addario EJ45C Pro Arte Normal Tension Composites. The coffee coloured G string has the best sound I have encountered so far.

Rosco
Martin GPCPA2

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical