The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-15-2011, 05:21 PM

Default Zoom G2 or Line 6 M5 effects unit?

I'm looking for a good-quality basic multi-effects pedal to use with my acoustic set-up, and both of these have far more than I'd need (which is just the usual varieties of reverb, chorus, delay, tremolo, etc.) and the Zoom is half the price -- one bill instead of two and looks like a good choice. I like ease of operation, good tone, and reliablility, and a small footprint, too, as I will use this next to my RC-20XL looper... Anyone have any preferences between them (or even other comparable units)?... Thanks.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:51 PM
Charter Member

The M5 is not really a 'multi-effect' unit in the same way as the G2 is. It may have lots of high-class effects buried inside, but it can only do one thing at a time. You'd have to go up to an M9 to get a true 'multi', and then your price differential is even more out of whack...
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 08-16-2011, 06:54 AM

Don't you want the Zoom A2 for acoustic rather than the G2? I have both the A2 and the G2 ... for the price, they are hard to beat ...

For some very simple demos of original music: https://soundcloud.com/rick-langdon

-- Play on!!
Old 08-17-2011, 07:41 PM

I have the m9 and as much as i love line6 with my pod XT and the m9 for electric...i dont think it is that great for acoustics...with the m5 you can have only one effect on at a time so you have to pick...

I wish line6 would do some acoustic models for amps and acoustic effect settings..

Toms Soundclick Page
Old 08-17-2011, 11:55 PM

Check out the Zoom G3. Mine arrives tomorrow; I'll report back after I have a chance to ring it out....

I also have a PodXT which works great with my (nylon string) acoustic (takamine TC132SC)

For Acoustic I use the Tube preamp, reverb, and a tiny bit of Tube Screamer... a little goes a LONG ways, though...
Old 08-18-2011, 05:27 PM

Default Ordered the Zoom A2!

Looks like it's hard to beat for what it packs, and I like the small footprint. Thanks, all!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification