The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-04-2011, 06:22 AM

Default Santa Cruz/Buffalo Bros

I was searching around for a Santa Cruz guitar and noticed that Buffalo Bros. no longer has any Santa Cruz guitars on their web site. I bought one from them several years ago (it was a good experience and I like their trade-in policy) and I saw Santa Cruz guitars on their site just a few weeks ago I believe. Does anyone know if their SC stock is just depleted or if they simply no longer handle SC gutars?

If this topic does not belong here, please let me know and I will post under another heading.

G
Old 11-04-2011, 06:37 AM

You might want to contact them directly - my experience tells me they might try to help you find what your looking for .Elderly does about the same thing . I wanted a Santa Cruz for some time now and will be looking this winter at them.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:01 AM

Know that Buffalo Bros has many fewer guitars listed on their web site (and in their store) than in years past. The last time I looked, they didn't list any new Taylors... so, without actually calling them and finding out, I'd say their stock is just depleted.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:12 AM

I sent them an email, asking about this. I just checked the Santa Cruz web site (should have done that earlier) and see that Buffalo Bros is not listed as one of their dealers.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:34 AM

Unfortunately, as a frequent customer in the past I have observed the protracted downward spiral of Buffalo Brothers, and it is now my own feeling they won't be in business much longer. It is a shame as I have acquired many fine instruments from them over the years.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:56 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOR View Post
...it is now my own feeling they won't be in business much longer. It is a shame as I have acquired many fine instruments from them over the years.
That would be a shame -- I hope it's not the case...

- Glenn
Old 11-04-2011, 01:06 PM

G, you might want to call BB anyway, the fact that they are not listed could just be a glitch. SCGC has reduced the number of guitars they are building and it's possible BB is temporarily out of stock.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post
That would be a shame -- I hope it's not the case...

- Glenn
I hope it is not the case as well and I would be delighted to be mistaken.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:27 PM
Charter Member

I live about 10 miles from BBs and have many dealings with them, all very positive. I have been after that H/13 custom for 2 years but just couldn't go the $5888 for it. Every time I go in for strings or whatever, I'd play it and think hard. 2 weeks ago it was gone. I've asked if they were getting more in and always got the "I'm not sure, but I hope so" answer.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:08 PM

The Buffalo Bros aren't listed as a domestic dealer on the Santa Cruz website.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion