The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases

Old 12-02-2016, 03:44 PM

Default A brilliant new album from our own Michael Watts

Hello, all.

Our own Michael Watts just released a brilliant collection of solo acoustic guitar (plus one, gorgeous, fingerpicked ukulele cut) tunes.

Downloadable, in MP3 and WAV formats here.

Disclosure: I've had the privilege of a preview of the songs and the honor of writing the liner notes to the forthcoming vinyl version.
Old 12-02-2016, 04:03 PM

You really need to sign up as an AGF sponsor, John ...
Old 12-02-2016, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrmac123 View Post
You really need to sign up as an AGF sponsor, John ...
Hmm. Not sure I understand the implications of this. I've no economic interest in Michael's project. Still, I urge folks to buy it!

I get a lot of requests to write liner notes. I accept only for artists I admire and respect. I never accept payment, though I never turn down a free CD! I've written a lot of liner notes for the folks at Berklee, who, in addition to being brilliant musicians, are also dedicated educators.

Anyway, ignore my recommendation if you wish. But, please give a listen to Michael's work. I suspect and predict that you'll be as impressed as I.

Last edited by jt1; 12-02-2016 at 04:34 PM.
Old 12-02-2016, 04:40 PM
Charter Member

Location: North of the Golden Gate, South of the Redwoods, East of the Pacific and West of the Sierras

I have had the pleasure of hearing Michael play live a number of times over the years, so I am happy to hear of this and will be checking it out. Thanks for the heads up and the info on getting the downloads.

Best,
Jayne
Old 12-02-2016, 04:42 PM
Charter Member

The sound clips sound great. Download to come. Very nice Michael.
Old 12-02-2016, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
Hmm. Not sure I understand the implications of this. I've no economic interest in Michael's project. Still, I urge folks to buy it!

I get a lot of requests to write liner notes. I accept only for artists I admire and respect. I never accept payment, though I never turn down a free CD! I've written a lot of liner notes for the folks at Berklee, who, in addition to being brilliant musicians, are also dedicated educators.

Anyway, ignore my recommendation if you wish. But, please give a listen to Michael's work. I suspect and predict that you'll be as impressed as I.
Mods might correct me if I'm wrong, but the last time I checked it was ok for people to recommend albums -- you know, actual guitar music and not just guitars.

Maybe he's joking or . . . dunno, but carry on. It's all good as far as I'm concerned.
Old 12-02-2016, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
John, I am a huge admirer of your achievements, ( and a purchaser of your Kalamazoo Gals ) ... you are most definitely one of the good guys.

However, when you post on the AGF and use your signature to provide clickable links to sites which generate revenue, then etiquette demands that you should be a sponsor. Nothing to do with your recommendation of Michael's CD.

In the past I have contacted JR a couple of times about people who were (albeit unwittingly) abusing the free publicity afforded by the AGF forum, and I have also contacted a couple of people direct by PM . In all cases the posters concerned did in fact become sponsors.

IMO the annual sponsor subscription rate is a mere pittance compared to the benefits received, and anybody who posts as a business is bound in all conscience to become a sponsor.
Old 12-02-2016, 06:27 PM
Charter Member

I just listened to the samples. Sounds wonderful! Good for Michael! I have always loved hearing him play; now I will get to do it in bigger doses!

- Glenn
Old 12-02-2016, 09:00 PM
Charter Member

And I have just downloaded Michael's album! I listened through 3 times. It sounds inspiring and hauntingly beautiful in so many places. I'm pretty sure I am hearing a Jason Kostal Modified Dreadnought in the recordings, and it sounds magnificent!

- Glenn

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases