The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 06-07-2017, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpruceTop View Post
The problem with the Matrix/Aura section of the Aura VT Enhance system is that the Aura Image is always resident, and, to my knowledge, can't be shut off.

With the RainSong WS1000, the Matrix acts like a cross between a UST and SBT because of the highly-efficient vibrational transmission characteristics of the carbon fiber.

I did some very recent demos of the aura VT Enhance solution, and I must admit I prefer the Aura F1 Plus. Furthermore, doing outboard IR on a fixed blended internal IR seems like a recipe for problems. With the Arua plus, you can decide how much IR to use inside he guitar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 06-07-2017, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martingitdave View Post
I did some very recent demos of the aura VT Enhance solution, and I must admit I prefer the Aura F1 Plus. Furthermore, doing outboard IR on a fixed blended internal IR seems like a recipe for problems. With the Arua plus, you can decide how much IR to use inside he guitar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
It may well be a recipe for problems, but it will also be a very good test of ToneDexter's ability to take a complex "curveball" of a signal and make it sound very similar to the training mic signal.

From the anecdotal evidence so far, it does seem that ToneDexter will work better with some pickups than others. That said, the range of ToneDexter-compatible pickups appears to be much wider than the range of Aura compatible pickups.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification