The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-09-2016, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshruss View Post
Very nice guitar and apt thread. After seeing a few videos of Charlie Parr playing his mule, I ordered mine last week. I'm gong down the tricone route as well.
The fact that two of my favourite players Charlie Parr and Kelly Joe Phelps play Mules was good enough for me.
It's quite exciting. A U.S. made, "boutique", resonator. New Zealand and France have their own, and now the ancestral home of the reso has one too! Nationals are also "handmade" as the term in used in the guitar world with as much attention to detail, but a one to 5 person shop is another style of building altogether.

I hope he continues to kill it, and that they go for five or six grand in half a dozen years from now.
Old 01-11-2016, 10:20 AM
Charter Member

Surprise, surprise...another step closer, and a day earlier than expected! Now the hard part---waiting for the unveil.

Martin 000-28EC
'71 Harmony Buck Owens American
Epiphone Inspired by Gibson J-45
Gold Tone PBR-D Paul Beard Signature Model resonator

"Lean your body forward slightly to support the guitar against your chest, for the poetry of the music should resound in your heart."
-Andrés Segovia
Old 01-11-2016, 10:29 AM
Charter Member

Location: North of the Golden Gate, South of the Redwoods, East of the Pacific and West of the Sierras

Quote:
Originally Posted by drplayer View Post
Surprise, surprise...another step closer, and a day earlier than expected! Now the hard part---waiting for the unveil.

Anticipa - a - a- tion....

I love these kind of threads where we get entertained by nice youutube videos while sharing in the waiting.

Best,
Jayne
Old 01-11-2016, 10:49 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymarsch View Post
Anticipa - a - a- tion....

I love these kind of threads where we get entertained by nice youutube videos while sharing in the waiting.

Best,
Jayne
Okay, I'll take that as a hint... Here are a couple more Mule tri-cone videos for your viewing & aural enjoyment...

Martin 000-28EC

"Lean your body forward slightly to support the guitar against your chest, for the poetry of the music should resound in your heart."
-Andrés Segovia
Old 01-12-2016, 09:29 AM
Charter Member

Location: North of the Golden Gate, South of the Redwoods, East of the Pacific and West of the Sierras

Hey, drplayer, when is the big reveal? I enjoyed the videos but now I want to see your brand new Mule! I hope you are enjoying it so much that there is no time to post, but please don't keep us hanging for too long!

Best,
Jayne
Old 01-12-2016, 10:41 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymarsch View Post
Hey, drplayer, when is the big reveal? I enjoyed the videos but now I want to see your brand new Mule! I hope you are enjoying it so much that there is no time to post, but please don't keep us hanging for too long!

Best,
Jayne
Sorry for the delay... Temps were in single digits yesterday, and even though there was no risk of finish checking, there was the potential for condensation, so I wanted to give it plenty of time to acclimate...

Spent about an hour with it yesterday before heading off to bed following the National Championship game (I'm dragging today), and my first impressions are fabulous. I can't wait to get back to it today...it's everything I had hoped for. I love the warmth the brass brings, as well as the added tonal complexity, balance, and sweetness of the tricones. The craftsmanship is just excellent--as I knew it would be--and as the pictures show, its "cool factor" is off the charts. It's going to be so much fun getting to know all of this guitar's nuances. Just a FANTASTIC job by Matt...I couldn't be happier, and I'm so glad to be riding the Mule Train once again!

Looks great in its new home too...

Martin 000-28EC

-Andrés Segovia

Last edited by drplayer; 01-12-2016 at 11:19 AM.
Old 01-12-2016, 11:27 AM
Charter Member

Thanks for the pics and your initial thoughts. Nice Bashkin BTW! I got a serious case of GAS when J. R. posted about his Mule so thanks for re-kindling that! 😀

Best,
Jayne
Old 09-24-2017, 06:49 PM
Charter Member

Just wanted to see how you're still feeling about 'er? I'd love impressions now that you've had it almost 2 years.
The only negative thing I've read is that some screws rust, how are yours doing? Thinking about getting my order in soon but still Mule vs National on the fence!
Cheers!
Lowden S-50W
Old 09-25-2017, 01:13 AM

I've had my Mule steel tricone nearly 12 months and it's a great guitar.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion