The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 09-08-2017, 08:25 PM
Charter Member

Default Flamenco

I'm looking for a cutaway flamenco negra WITHOUT electronics. Why can't some of these manuf's understand that some people don't want all that crap stuffed inside their guitars. There are a few classicals that fit the bill but I want a flamenco because of the lower action. I also can't afford a custom build. The Cordoba GK Studio negra would be ideal but they won't sell me one without the electronics.
Old 09-09-2017, 12:57 AM
Charter Member

Find a cheap used one, rip out the electronics (is there a barn door? Instant sound port).
Old 09-09-2017, 09:35 PM

Most guitars can be set up for lower action. Flamencos are traditionally set up low to achieve a slight rasp when played energetically.
Old 09-10-2017, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip Ellis View Post
I'm looking for a cutaway flamenco negra WITHOUT electronics. Why can't some of these manuf's understand that some people don't want all that crap stuffed inside their guitars. There are a few classicals that fit the bill but I want a flamenco because of the lower action. I also can't afford a custom build. The Cordoba GK Studio negra would be ideal but they won't sell me one without the electronics.
It is not crap...

http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=482518

For a more flamenco sound, add a slight amount of distortion and season to taste with compression... Most any luthier can provide a lower action with a guitar setup (I also have them install tap plates).

Ever since my first Takamine (a Hirade TH-5C) which had a a gorgeous sound both plugged and unplugged, I have used Takamine exclusively (I now have a TH-136SC which is a special order Flamenco TS-132SC I ordered thru Mike Markure when he was at Kaman.)

On my effects units always select either "no preamp" or "Tube Amp" (Line 6) or "Full Range" (Boss/Roland)

In my experience, the sound of the guitar is absolutely unaffected by the electronics (I had the Takamine Palathetic/CTP-2 Preamp/pickup installed in both my Sanchis Flamenco guitars (Chris Jensen cut holes in the shoulders of the guitars) and the before/after sound was identical (checked on a spectrum analyzer)....

I have a Cordoba GK Pro coming in for evaluation shortly and I will most likely purchase it..... and have Chris install the tap plates and setup the action as usual.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical