The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 02:13 PM

The response from Bedell on my loose tuner issue?

Take off the tuners, fill in the holes with glue and a toothpick, let it dry, put it all back together. Essentially, the holes are already stripped. Duh. LOL. :-)
Old 08-21-2014, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick is Red View Post
I need a case that will fit a Bedell OM. Any suggestions?
I posted this earlier in the thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdnan View Post
When I received my MB28G, I decided to find a hard case, was searching all the usual suspects and found this case on Amazon selling for $35 w/ free shipping: Yamaha DC-LS hard case. It didn't have measurements and I had the hardest time finding measurements on the Yamaha LS series guitars, so for $35, I took a risk and ordered it. It fits, very tight at first, but after a few days starts to loosen up where the guitar slides in just fine but still has a snug fit. I like the fact that the guitar doesn't move around at all. Negatives of the case: only 3 ply, mediocre build quality, the lid is a little "cadi-wankered" i.e. I have to wiggle the lower bout area to get it closed properly to hook the latch. This seems to be because the hinges aren't quite aligned perfectly (cheap chinese mass produced) & the strap to keep the lid open gets in the way. Positive: looks good, arch top, light, better protection than the cheap gig bag. I wouldn't pay the current price of $110 on Amazon/Sam Ash and $100 on musicians friend, there are better options for that price range.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:56 PM

my Bedell MG-18 G is finally here!

Old 08-22-2014, 05:09 AM

Nice pics. What's your initial impression of the Sapele?
Old 08-22-2014, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixguit View Post
To the uninformed (that's me) can you guys tell me the formula for figuring out the date of the guitar's origin? Thanks and Happy Day to You Too!

Tomorrow, new strings, a visit to the Luthier and Another NGD for me
Look inside the guitar and find the numbers stamped on the neck block. Year-month-day-number on guitars (don't know if that's day, week, or whatever).
Keep in mind that guitars can be in some state of construction for several months. Also look at the first two numbers in the serial number on the sound hole sticker. It appear that the first two numbers are indicative of the year of that guitar.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GangstaPat View Post
Nice pics. What's your initial impression of the Sapele?
fit and finish is excellent. gig bag is not.. very impressive. i love the sound of this one. sounds very similar to taylor 314ce to me. sound is very well balanced. resonance of this guitar is one of a kind. i can literally feel the entire guitar vibrating when playing. neck is very comfortable. i worried that the neck width would be little small for my hand, but it is very comfortable. this is my first sapele guitar. sound is very focused. that's the best i could describe =P
Old 08-22-2014, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilfc0315 View Post
fit and finish is excellent. gig bag is not.. very impressive. i love the sound of this one. sounds very similar to taylor 314ce to me. sound is very well balanced. resonance of this guitar is one of a kind. i can literally feel the entire guitar vibrating when playing. neck is very comfortable. i worried that the neck width would be little small for my hand, but it is very comfortable. this is my first sapele guitar. sound is very focused. that's the best i could describe =P
Ironic that you should say so. I own a 314ce and that is why I veered away from this model. I like it a lot but with the 314 I feel like I already have a guitar almost exactly like it. If they had stuck around til next pay day I may have bought one anyway to compare. If I liked it better, I would sell the Taylor. Hard to beat a Taylor neck though.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:52 AM
Charter Member

My mb18g arrived yesterday, with a big ol crack in the bridge, running through all six pinholes. Back it goes, and zzounds is now out of stock. Oh well...
Old 08-22-2014, 11:52 AM

That's really disappointing. Are you going to order the dread? If so, don't wait.
Old 08-22-2014, 01:04 PM
Charter Member

Nah, my only interest was in something 000ish. Great guitar, but ridiculous that it was allowed to go out as new/ 1st quality. Black eye for both Bedell and zzounds in my book. It's not a subtle flaw...
Old 08-22-2014, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sublro View Post
Nah, my only interest was in something 000ish. Great guitar, but ridiculous that it was allowed to go out as new/ 1st quality. Black eye for both Bedell and zzounds in my book. It's not a subtle flaw...
To say the least.
Old 08-22-2014, 01:16 PM

Quote:
That's a major drag. However, that type of crack is not uncommon and is a relatively simple repair. Unacceptable in a brand new instrument, of course (assuming it didn't crack during shipping).

The Bedell Grand Auditorium size is larger than a 000, both in depth and the size of the lower bout.
Old 08-22-2014, 02:37 PM

Quote:
My mb18g arrived yesterday, with a big ol crack in the bridge, running through all six pinholes. Back it goes, and zzounds is now out of stock. Oh well...
The MB-18-G is now back in stock. Hopefully they can just send you a new one. I would definitely call them to make sure that they put one aside for you before it goes back out of stock. Good luck.
Old 08-22-2014, 03:02 PM

Quote:
You could always hold onto it for 6 weeks and then get Bedell to honor the warranty. They are pretty responsive
Old 08-22-2014, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjk View Post
The MB-18-G is now back in stock. Hopefully they can just send you a new one. I would definitely call them to make sure that they put one aside for you before it goes back out of stock. Good luck.
Just as a point of clarification, for some reason ZZounds does not have it in stock. But www.americanmusical.com and www.samedaymusic.com do have it in stock. Since they are all owned by the same company and share stock, I would certainly think Zzounds could replace your MG-18-G.
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
all solid, bedell