The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 06-21-2014, 08:59 PM

Default Rainsong-born in Hawaii, any ukes on the way?

I'm heading to Honolulu tomorrow and can't help thinking about how much I love my rainsong, their roots in HI and when they will be building a uke. They keep getting smaller, with the shorty, parlor. A uke would be great. Especially at the $600 or so price point. Nothing fancy. Just something I can throw in my backpack and go. I have an outdoor uke now and it is ok, but a cf uke would kill it.

1998 Very Sweet Wife
2000 Cute Daughter (Grand Concert)
2005 Handsome Son (Dreadnought)
2007 Lovely Daughter (Parlor)
2017 Cute Puppy (Duke the Uke)
Old 06-22-2014, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt McGriff View Post
I'm heading to Honolulu tomorrow and can't help thinking about how much I love my rainsong, their roots in HI and when they will be building a uke. They keep getting smaller, with the shorty, parlor. A uke would be great. Especially at the $600 or so price point. Nothing fancy. Just something I can throw in my backpack and go. I have an outdoor uke now and it is ok, but a cf uke would kill it.
A Rainsong Uke would certainly be a welcome addition Matt but I don't see it happening for $600. The amazing Blackbird Tenor Uke and the new Clara are priced just below $1200, I really don't see a Rainsong Uke costing less.
Old 06-22-2014, 08:26 PM

Not CF, but I have often traveled with a Flea or a Fluke - laminated top, plastic body, polycarbonate fretboard. Just about as impervious to environment and abuse as you can get, still sound and play nicely, and cost under $250. As Ted said above, there is not much chance of a CF instrument of any kind being much under a grand. That stuff is EXPENSIVE and kinda tricky to work with.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber