The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 06-02-2011, 03:04 AM

Default Voyage Air "BelAir" electrics

I'm thinking of doing an electric "Road Show" anybody interested???

Harv
Old 02-09-2012, 11:07 AM

I saw some Youtube demos and I think the BelAir sounds great! But I really don't know much about electrics.

Just wondering if anybody owns or has played Voyage Air electric guitars (BelAir or TelAir)? Can you share your experience?

Taylor GS Mini mahogany/sapele with LR Baggs M80
Voyage Air VAOM-06 sitka/sapele with LR Baggs Anthem
Yamaha Guitalele black
Taylor T3/B honey burst
Fender American Stratocaster tobacco burst
G&L Fullerton Deluxe Legacy blonde

Gone but not forgotten..... ReviveMusicStore.com
Old 02-09-2012, 11:30 AM

Harv, why don't you sell replacement folding necks that could screw right into a Tele or Strat?

Kolaya Carmen, Trek parlor (by Harv L), Martin 000-28EC, Taylor GC-5 and 355.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:28 PM

Harv-
How about a folding-neck lap steel? (that would fit into the pocket of a Voyage-Air VAD-04 case)? I'm sitting in a hotel room right now playing my new VAD-40 and I'm in love. I suppose it would be too much to ask for a folding square-neck resonator, so instead a folding lap-steel would give me versions of both my instruments in one backpack.(My existing Airline lap steel almost fits...)
-Paul
PKA: Cruel Haiku, Standard Deviation

Eastman E10D
Seagull S12+
Voyage-Air VAD-04
Dobro wood roundneck Model 55, 1929
Regal RD-52 Black Lightning square neck reso
Fender Musicmaster II 1966
Airline lap steel
Traveler Guitar Pro Series Acoustic-Electric (rigged as lap-steel)
Old 02-10-2012, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachi View Post
Harv, why don't you sell replacement folding necks that could screw right into a Tele or Strat?
In order for the neck to work it needs to have a heel (think Les Paul) to create a stopping point to keep the neck from folding too far. Just like with the acoustics there has to be a part of the heel that is on the bridge side of the neck joint. Also, the latch requires that a notch needs to be cut under the neck plate to allow for it to swing (the latch essentially replaces the neck plate) because of the hinge the part of the neck that is in the body needs to be thicker as well. All this adds up to it being “possible” but requiring a lot of rework of the body. One of our very first prototypes was using a Tele style body so I know it will work but I’m not sure how many would want to hack up their Fender

Latch (on sunburst TelAir)
Old 02-10-2012, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshambroom View Post
Harv-
How about a folding-neck lap steel? (that would fit into the pocket of a Voyage-Air VAD-04 case)? I'm sitting in a hotel room right now playing my new VAD-40 and I'm in love. I suppose it would be too much to ask for a folding square-neck resonator, so instead a folding lap-steel would give me versions of both my instruments in one backpack.(My existing Airline lap steel almost fits...)
-Paul
I'm sure either could be done but they would be customs. I'm not sure what would be involved with a lap steel but a square-neck shouldn't be a big problem, might even be able to modify a Regal or something like that.

Harv

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification