The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 04-24-2015, 09:38 PM
Get off my lawn kid

Default ProPiks

I just received mine the other day and tonight I got the chance to sit down and size them for my fingers. I'm not fluent with any sort of finger pick, but the design of the Propik made them a bit easier to use. I'm also not getting as much of that "grating" sound I was due to the open design I suppose.

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}:
Old 04-24-2015, 11:37 PM

Don't use them that often, but when I do I like them a lot. I can up stoke because they stay in place. They feel pretty good. I still prefer bare fingers or a flat pick, but I like my propiks.
Old 04-25-2015, 09:55 PM

I bought a set too (finger tones). These are the first finger picks that I actually have been able use successfully. Problem is, I can't stand the scratchy noise they make on the G string. Any suggestions?
Old 04-26-2015, 07:45 AM
Get off my lawn kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDORSCH View Post
I bought a set too (finger tones). These are the first finger picks that I actually have been able use successfully. Problem is, I can't stand the scratchy noise they make on the G string. Any suggestions?
I'm too new at it to help. I guess alter attack angle, maybe play a bit louder. I'm going to record myself sometime soon with the picks and see how much actually gets picked up by a mic.

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}:
Old 04-27-2015, 03:29 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDORSCH View Post
I'm waiting for my order to come in. The butterfly pick website says that they sell a coated version that's a little more money. If I remember right, it also mentions that you can coat the pick with some kind of fingernail hardener and it will soften the attack for a few hours. I suspect hardener used on the propik fingertones would also work

Steve

Last edited by Mr Fixit eh; 04-27-2015 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Revised information
Old 04-27-2015, 10:13 PM
Charter Member

Default ProPiks

I like their "Speed pick" better. It has a tiny nib that doesn't get in the way as much as the Pro pick. I found that the Pro pick made too much noise.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write