The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 04-15-2013, 08:15 AM

Default An apology to the forum...

This is a reference to a now closed topic:

Quote:
Originally Posted by callouses View Post
....life is too short. I admire and respect those with abilities greater than my own, and it inspires me to reach for more myself. But it's a let down when ego's get the best of us. Let's be adults. Joe, I'm sorry this happened, I was having a good time.
I want to apologize to you and everyone at this forum for my misunderstanding of Mao Lao's humor. As I stated previously, there is so much misinformation with music and music theory that I was trying to be corrective and clear and obviously came across pompous. And as I stated before, I am not great musician nor am I the best guitar player, not even close. I am a little better than average with a strong rhythmic foundation. That's it.

The nickname comes from back in the 1980s when I was a columnist for a guitar magazine. The column was about helping folks who had instrument issues and was called "Ask Dr. Guitar". I was doing lots of instrument repair/building at the time and worked on all of the Senior Editor's instruments (that is how I was asked to write the column). The nickname stuck, but I wear it humbly.

Again, I am sorry for the misunderstanding and will sit back and learn about all of you before opening my mouth in the future. Please accept this apology.

Take care.
Martin: M-38, 000-15, Recording King RD-316, Enya (Carbon Fiber) X4 Pro, Silver Creek T160, Gretsch Americana Acoustic, Seagull M12, S8 (mandolin), Great Divide Camp guitar, Ibanez RS135, AM73 Giannini Flat Series Classical, Craviola Classical, Jay Turser JT134, Casio PG380 Digital guitar, Hohner Fretless (Steinberger) Bass, Kala Acacia Ubass, M Duffey: Celtic Harp
Old 04-15-2013, 08:21 AM

Hey Doc, I actually sent you a PM a few minutes ago.

All cool with me. I'm not the easiest character myself...

Looking forward to more exchanges with you in the future.

All the best.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:24 AM
Charter Member

Nice posts guys. Good to see.

"Reality is that which when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Woods hands pick by eye and ear
Made to one with pride and love
To be that we hold so dear
A voice from heavens above
Old 04-15-2013, 09:57 AM

It's all good, I love that we are all back together now. No harm No foul.

Old age and treachery will outsmart youth and skill every time. - My dad...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write