The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 02-02-2017, 12:19 PM
Guest 928

The new Parlor is a winner on a number of levels. I have a Parlor Nylon string that is, in my estimation, the CF guitar that comes closest to a good traditional classical guitar. I think the Parlor was a good deal at the higher price; at the new price it is a remarkable deal.

I don't know if the new Parlor includes a nylon version or if coloration is available. Ted will have the answer to such questions.
Old 02-03-2017, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
The new Parlor is a winner on a number of levels. I have a Parlor Nylon string that is, in my estimation, the CF guitar that comes closest to a good traditional classical guitar. I think the Parlor was a good deal at the higher price; at the new price it is a remarkable deal.

I don't know if the new Parlor includes a nylon version or if coloration is available. Ted will have the answer to such questions.
I agree about the value, Evan. And no, there are no plans for a Nylon CH Parlor as of right now.
Old 02-05-2017, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted @ LA Guitar Sales View Post
They did indeed! Here's the press release from Rainsong:

1/17/2017

We are very excited to introduce the Concert Hybrid Series. For the Concert Hybrid Series we combined the unidirectional carbon soundboard of the Concert Series with the carbon/glass body of the Hybrid Series models then added a twist or two.

·High Gloss Unidirectional Carbon Top
·Satin Carbon/Glass Back and Sides
·Satin Carbon NS neck
·Black Hardware, Nut, Saddle and Pinstripe Rosette
·LR Baggs Stagepro Element

Optional LR Baggs Stagepro Anthem
Optional K&K Mini
Optional Pure Acoustic

·Available in WS, OM and PA bodies
PA also available as Pure Acoustic with Gig Bag

CH-PA1100NSG - Parlor body, 12-fret neck, Pure Acoustic, gig bag - $1,299 MAP
CH-PA1100NS - Parlor body, 12-fret neck, Pure Acoustic - $1,349 MAP
CH-WS1100NS - WS body, 12-fret neck, Pure Acoustic - $1,349 MAP
CH-OM1100NS - OM body, 12-fret neck, Pure Acoustic - $1,349 MAP
CH-PA/WS/OM1000NS - Parlor/WS/OM, 12-fret neck, LR Baggs Stagepro Element - $1,499 MAP
CH-PA/WS/OM1000NSK - Parlor/WS/OM, 12-fret neck, K&K Pure Mini - $1,599 MAP
CH-PA/WS/OM1000NSX - Parlor/WS/OM, 12-fret neck, LR Baggs Stagepro Anthem - $1,799 MAP
Love to add a parlor for travel to the stable.... Ted...I see that Rainsong offers a gig bag ... have they finally developed their own bag or private labeled one?... Great to see the K&K offering also!!!

Thanks!!
Old 02-06-2017, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixedgear60 View Post
Love to add a parlor for travel to the stable.... Ted...I see that Rainsong offers a gig bag ... have they finally developed their own bag or private labeled one?... Great to see the K&K offering also!!!

Thanks!!
Actually they are using Alpine bags, (see below) which are excellent. I took my RS Parlor to Alaska in one. And yes, the K&K is a welcome addition to the options.

Old 02-06-2017, 07:30 PM

I recently picked up a P12 second-hand. The all-gloss is nice (although I'm not entirely enamored by the green color on mine), but I kind of wish I had had this option with no barn door in the side and a gig bag.

I think this is a good move for Rainsong.
Old 02-07-2017, 06:49 AM

Thanks Ted and Jason.... Agree... the bag looks good but unfortunately no black option from alpine.... having a black bag that is more discrete for air travel is always best. Now torn between getting the 1299... no barn door and add my own K&K or going all in and getting a more discrete travel bag.

decisions... decisions...
Old 02-07-2017, 07:38 AM

I think the Alpine bag looks great. Happy to see Rainsong add that option. Always seemed crazy to me to put one of the lightest carbon guitars made in a heavy case. Maybe just getting older and those cases seem heavier? Black is more discreet?
2001 Michael Keller Koa Baby
2014 Godin Inuk
2012 Deering B6 Openback Banjo
2012 Emerald Acoustic Doubleneck
2012 Rainsong JM1000 Black Ice
2009 Wechter Pathmaker 9600 LTD
1982 Yairi D-87 Doubleneck
1987 Ovation Collectors
1993 Ovation Collectors
1967 J-45 Gibson
1974 20th Annivers. Les Paul Custom
Old 02-07-2017, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Thanks Ted and Jason.... Agree... the bag looks good but unfortunately no black option from alpine.... having a black bag that is more discrete for air travel is always best. Now torn between getting the 1299... no barn door and add my own K&K or going all in and getting a more discrete travel bag.

decisions... decisions...
My pleasure. Looks like you have a decision to make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubleneck View Post
I think the Alpine bag looks great. Happy to see Rainsong add that option. Always seemed crazy to me to put one of the lightest carbon guitars made in a heavy case. Maybe just getting older and those cases seem heavier? Black is more discreet?
I also prefer a gig bag, in fact my personal BI-DR1100NS lives in an older Rainsong gig bag, but believe it or not, folks tend to expect a hardshell case at a certain price point. Ideally I would like to offer the option of a quality gig bag for all of our Rainsongs, so I might look in to a supplier this year.
Old 02-07-2017, 11:54 AM

I tend to agree if you get $2000 in a guitar you expect a hard shell case, but I would appreciate the addition of a bag. I have tended to add bags to the guitars I use a lot. And some of mine have not been ideal fits.
2001 Michael Keller Koa Baby
2014 Godin Inuk
2012 Deering B6 Openback Banjo
2012 Emerald Acoustic Doubleneck
2012 Rainsong JM1000 Black Ice
2009 Wechter Pathmaker 9600 LTD
1982 Yairi D-87 Doubleneck
1987 Ovation Collectors
1993 Ovation Collectors
1967 J-45 Gibson
1974 20th Annivers. Les Paul Custom
Old 02-07-2017, 12:21 PM

The large heavy hardshell case is to me a pain, first thing I put up in the storage area and never look at again unless I'm selling it. Gig bag I use for my RS, APLE is the Gator and it is super padded and tough, love it, so case and guitar come in about 8lbs. and hardshell and guitar 18.7lbs. Plus traveling in the RV that hard case is a problem to store, throw the gig bag on the bed and down the road.....
Old 02-07-2017, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Steve... I guess I am spoiled by Blackbird who has very form fitted and thoughtful travel gig bags all in black so they look small and have very few hide able straps that do not get caught on every arm rest in an plane. I guess I am looking for a very min-able gig bag without lots of pockets and removable straps ....

I would gladly pay additional $$ for a form fitted Rainsong gig bag for the p12....keep the hard case...

Last edited by Fixedgear60; 02-07-2017 at 12:55 PM.
Old 02-07-2017, 12:55 PM

Quote:
I tend to agree if you get $2000 in a guitar you expect a hard shell case, but I would appreciate the addition of a bag. I have tended to add bags to the guitars I use a lot. And some of mine have not been ideal fits.
Believe it or not, folks start to expect a hard shell case at the $1000 price point.

Quote:
Steve... I guess I am spoiled by Blackbird who has very form fitted and thoughtful travel gig bags all in black so they look small and have very few hide able straps that do not get caught on every arm rest in an plane.

I guess I am looking for a very min-able gig bag without lots of pockets and removable straps ....
Blackbird has always had fantastic gig bags, but with the unusual shapes of the Super OM, and Rider, a gig bag was probably the only option. And while their gig bags are excellent, we do get the occasional in store customer who isn't happy with getting a gig bag with a $2000+ guitar. It's a perceived value thing.
Old 02-07-2017, 01:11 PM

FWIW, I am very happy with the gig bag (Gator) that came with my Blackbird Lucky 13 last October. I lean strongly toward carrying guitars in gig bags these days, and only use the hard cases to maintain humidity when necessary.

I don't fly any more, but if I were to fly with a guitar, I would check it using my SKB i-Series case. http://www.skbcases.com/music/produc...et=1&c=75&s=75
Old 02-07-2017, 01:41 PM

We kind of sideline this thread with P12 gig bags.... but for those who are looking here is one that looks great and have had RoadRunner gig bags before they are great.... got to love the hide away straps and at a reasonable price.

Roadrunner RR2PAG
https://www.amazon.com/Runner-RR2PAG.../dp/B01DGYPNEO

Now only up to the config of the P12.... hummm am I talented enough to put in my own k&k in CF... wood no problem.... hummmmm
Old 02-07-2017, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Now only up to the config of the P12.... hummm am I talented enough to put in my own k&k in CF... wood no problem.... hummmmm
I've done a bunch of K&K (JJB) installs, including a RainSong CO-DR1100N2, and the Rainsong with no braces in the way was slightly easier.

My only hesitation is someday someone might want to remove the pickup and the RainSong does not have a smooth bridge plate to facilitate a razor blade removal. I might go with a Dazzo or Trance if I wanted to do it again. My current RainSong has MiSi Trio I installed and that was easy too.
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber