The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 11-05-2017, 07:05 AM
Charter Member

I have had my L1 Compact for more than 6 years. I have yet to find anything better that is so easily moved, easy to set up, and so clean sounding. I use it with the Tonematch which I think makes a huge difference but it’s not necessarily the only mixer that would be good.

Chris Stern

Guitars by:

Bown Wingert Kinscherff Sobell Circa Olson Ryan Fay Kopp McNally Santa Cruz McAlister Beneteau Fairbanks Franklin Collings Tippin Martin Lowden Northworthy Pre-War GC Taylor Fender Höfner

44 in total (no wife)

Around 30 other instruments

Anyone know a good psychiatrist?

www.chrisstern.com
Old 11-05-2017, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrksman View Post
I have had my L1 Compact for more than 6 years. I have yet to find anything better that is so easily moved, easy to set up, and so clean sounding. I use it with the Tonematch which I think makes a huge difference but it’s not necessarily the only mixer that would be good.
Thanks Yrksman!
I ended up buying the L1 Compact.

I am super pleased with decision.
It checked all the boxes and really sounds great!

Still trying to figure out what to do on the EQ/Mixer decision.
Ya.. The T1 seems like a great choice. But a little pricey!
Old 11-05-2017, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martingitdave View Post
Jake, in the $1,000 price range, these are the best I've encountered. I've owned or giged with all except the HK Nano and Maui.

But, for some perspective, I expect my next system to be either the HK Lucas Nano 608i (tricked out mixer version of the 600) or the QSC K8.2.

Bose L1C
Fishman SA330x
HK Lucas Nano 300/600 with TC Play Acoustic
Line 6 L2t
LD Systems Maui 11
QSC K8.2 or K10.2 with Play Acoustic. Add a mixer for more people or channels.
I extensively tested the QSC K8.2 an K10.2 speakers and thought they both were excellent sounding! I tested them with a QSC touchmix 8, and I was so impressed with the touchmix 8 capabilitites that I bought it, although I wound up buying a JBL PRX710 as the speaker to use with the Touchmix as I liked the tone of that cab (and power). And because I work a lot with backline people, I have used the very popular first gen QSC K speakers and I really like them too.
Old 11-05-2017, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeStone View Post
Thanks Yrksman!
I ended up buying the L1 Compact.

I am super pleased with decision.
It checked all the boxes and really sounds great!

Still trying to figure out what to do on the EQ/Mixer decision.
Ya.. The T1 seems like a great choice. But a little pricey!
I bought a T1 to use for one of my house gigs that have Bose L1 systems on site, and I can say without a doubt that they bring out the best in Bose systems, sound good, and are very versatile little rigs that are worth the money. I also purchased a QSC touchmix 8, which has far more capability, but requires a higher learning curve, and has a bigger footprint.
Old 11-07-2017, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly69 View Post
I bought a T1 to use for one of my house gigs that have Bose L1 systems on site, and I can say without a doubt that they bring out the best in Bose systems, sound good, and are very versatile little rigs that are worth the money. I also purchased a QSC touchmix 8, which has far more capability, but requires a higher learning curve, and has a bigger footprint.
1x on the touchmix .. I find it a bit of a learning curve as well.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification