The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 05-20-2007, 03:35 PM
Charter Member

Default Composite CA Legacy vs Vintage vs X vs GX

I've listened to the recordings. I'm not that comfortable with a dread, but for a guitar I'm going to drag around, I think I can live with it. The sound of the Legacy seems warmer.

The vintage sound I'm not sure about. It sounds very different. But this is where the recording may not be providing me with the insight I need.

And has anyone played the GX. The new one. Or is anyone familiar with sound files on this guitar. I'd rather buy used and will take my time, but I am going traveling this summer and wouldn't mind dragging a guitar around.

Comments on the sound these guitars make are welcome.

Stuart
Old 05-20-2007, 04:15 PM

I haven't played the new GX.

I do own the COT model, though, which is based on the Vintage version.

Supposedly, the Vintage was meant to sound more like a Martin, and the Legacy was supposed to sound more like a Taylor.

They're both the same build, really, except for the bracing.

To me, the sound files on their website are so different in style that it's really hard to compare one model vs. the other.

One guy I'd recommend calling to get his opinion: Danny at AcousticProMusician.com

I bought mine from him, and he's played them all. Probably has one of each in stock. You could probably talk him into playing the same tune over the phone for you. Not quite the same as an mp3 file, but at least he could play the same exact tune on each guitar.
Old 05-20-2007, 04:56 PM

look into rainsong guitars. www.rainsong.com they have models in jumbo, grand auditorium, grand concert and dreadnoughts. Not the same as CA's (not better or worse) but different.

Rainsong WS1000
Taylor "T6" Custom w/added element UST
USA Tele Deluxe
Ibanex SRX-500
Vox AC-15

Korg Pitch Black (2x), Fishman Aura 16, BBE Sonic Stomp, LR Baggs PADI, Boss TU-2, Sansamp Tech21 Bass Driver, Boss GE-7 Bass EQ, MXR Micro Amp, Keely BD-2, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet, Boss DD-20, BBE supacharger

Up next: Empress EQ, Radial J48
Old 05-20-2007, 04:58 PM

oh and look into the classic series....I would stay away from the advance series if I were you...

Rainsong WS1000
Taylor "T6" Custom w/added element UST
USA Tele Deluxe
Ibanex SRX-500
Vox AC-15

Korg Pitch Black (2x), Fishman Aura 16, BBE Sonic Stomp, LR Baggs PADI, Boss TU-2, Sansamp Tech21 Bass Driver, Boss GE-7 Bass EQ, MXR Micro Amp, Keely BD-2, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet, Boss DD-20, BBE supacharger

Up next: Empress EQ, Radial J48

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber