The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-29-2015, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedeng88 View Post
****, thats a sexy looking guitar.

Fender Stratocaster MiM w/Texas Specials 2008
Old 06-29-2015, 05:28 PM
Charter Member

Do yourself a huge favor and play a few Goodall acoustic guitars... true, you won't be able to buy a new one, but a used one is nearly within your price range... and, I mean, come on; if you can afford $3k, you can probably get to $3.5 (maybe slightly higher), right?

I have never played a Taylor that came ANYWHERE close to what James Goodall does with his guitars... and I have played a BUNCH of Taylors... no disrespect meant to the Taylor lovers out there... I did play an R Taylor Style 1 (Brazilian/englemann) that sounded stunning, but as far as "regular" Taylors go? Naw...

I would check out a bunch of Breedlove acoustics as well; the higher priced ones are made in Bend, Oregon, and I truly believe them to be one of the best-kept and little-known secrets in today's acoustic guitar market...

Breedlove is just beginning to offer a Premiere model that has Indian rosewood back and sides, and cedar tops... I played one of those the other day and was quite impressed! Lovely tone, fast response to a light touch (that's the cedar), sounded great when strummed as well as fingered... they run $2k, with a sweet hard shell case...

As many have said, you have a lot of options available... even more, if you consider used instruments. Used is definitely where you will get the most "bang for your buck". It may seem a bit daunting a task, just wading through all the different guitars that fit your criteria, but I would suggest:

HAVE FUN WITH THIS! You may very well end up with a guitar for a lifetime, so it's well-worth taking your time and enjoying the process! As you go along, you will "hone" your own preferences and desires; the more YOU know what YOU want, the easier the task becomes!

"The Cape" (Guy Clark/Jim Janowsky/Susanna Clark)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion