The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 12-05-2017, 12:53 PM

Thanks for posting the photos, Sean. You can tell it's mine if you look very closely. The octave and wound strings of the G course are switched, at my request. And there are only 20 frets instead of 24, which was a good choice on my part. I played it finger style for over an hour last night.

Evan, you may have misunderstood. I nearly kept it, but returned the Chimaera March special edition, and ordered this X20-12 to replace it. Chimaera was certainly awesome, but did not quite work with my unique physiology and limitations. It sold shortly after my return, and I'm sure the new owner is quite happy.
Old 12-05-2017, 04:07 PM
Guest 928

Earl;

I did, misunderstand. But not about the way you operate--you have a truly beautiful instrument in the 20/12.
Old 12-09-2017, 08:02 PM

Thanks for a great review, Earl. I have a red X-20 12-string with the standard frets, it made a lot of sense to get a CF for the strength and clarity. I don't fingerpick the X-20, just strumming and some picking, all with a thin pick. i also own a Rainsong 6-string.
I would add that the guitar is a little weighty toward the headstock, which only makes sense given that the body was originally a 6-string. This really doesn't factor very much into my opinion that it is a great instrument.
I am thinking that I may try a set of silk-and-steel strings the next time I change them, just to see if I like a "softer" strumming sound.
Thanks again, you have made me pick up my 12-string and fall in love again!
Old 12-09-2017, 08:59 PM

Thanks for the kind words. My X20-12 went to a regular monthly jam today (three CF out of nine guitars) and saw over three hours of action, at least two in my hands. Two Rainsong playing friends said very favorable things about it when they got a turn - ease of play, comfort, warm tone. It's definitely a winner.....

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Tags
carbon fiber, twelve string