The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-03-2012, 07:30 PM
Musical minimalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwskaggs View Post
It's also not quite as deep at the endblock as the ads said - it measures precisely 4-3/8" instead of 4-3/4" - a very comfortable size for me to hold and play.
Good thing I didn't know that when it was last listed.....that's what kept me from pulling the trigger!

Old 10-08-2012, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitness1 View Post
Good thing I didn't know that when it was last listed.....that's what kept me from pulling the trigger!
Todd, at least you'll get to play it at the next McJam - Lord willing and the crick don't rise!

Acorn House Custom by Chris Kenney:Tinman "Heart Guitar" SJ
McKnight Mini-Mac V; Madagascar RW, Italian/Carpathian top; exquisite!
John Helton Custom OM; Honduran Mahogany Burl "the Growler"
Rainsong H-DR1100N2
Journey travel guitar in Nashville high tuning

"The music lives in the musician; not the instrument."
Old 10-31-2012, 02:55 PM

Still interested in any information folks might share about this great guitar. Have been in touch with Tony but he is unable to help.

How do his early (#22) builds differ from his current offerings?

Rainsong H-DR1100N2

Old 11-20-2012, 06:28 PM

One more bump before I forget the history and just enjoy it....

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Rainsong H-DR1100N2

Old 11-20-2012, 06:42 PM

ok, first, i just noticed that fred pointed out on page 1 that the woods were reversed on the label (i pointed it out on page 2 - sigh).

but! i just went searching and turned this up on his comments page:

http://yamamotoguitar.com/comments.htm

"I'd been looking for a long time for a guitar that was just right for me... and had played a lot of different instruments in a lot of stores. One day I went into Michael Ferrucci's "Fine Fretted Friends" shop, and played several of the guitars he had on display. Michael spent a lot of time listening, and then asked me about what I wanted from a guitar. The kind of sound I wanted.

"Turns out that he had a Yamamoto guitar in the back room... something that Tony Yamamoto had recently completed and dropped off for Michael's evaluation. Michael got out that guitar and passed it to me. I know it sounds crazy, but after a few minutes, I knew that this was the guitar I'd been looking for. Everything about that guitar... the feel... the finish... the overall attention to detail... told me that I had to take it home. Oh: did I mention the sound? Wow! This is a fabulous instrument. I would recommend a Yamamoto guitar without hesitation. Tony does fabulous work!"
Sincerely,
Scott Brown

UPDATE: May 10, 2005: Scott custom-ordered a second guitar from Yamamoto Guitar, made with custom-ordered solid Ziricote wood back and sides, a non-cutaway (standard) design, and with custom "shamrock" inlay work. Scott had the following to say about his recently-finished Yamamoto guitar:

As with my other Yamamoto, the more I play it, the better I like it. Please let Tony know that I'm very happy with the way the guitar turned out.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:06 PM
Charter Member

i almost bought this guitar a few years ago. a young man on this forum had it for sale for some time. if memory serves he went abroad on a missions trip. i cannot remember his name, he played bottleneck slide on it a lot. i think it has a zero fret and if memory serves the neck is carved in such a way that the bass side profile differs from the treble-right? wrong?

anyway, i do remember it. not much help from that.

d
Old 11-20-2012, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc1 View Post
ok, first, i just noticed that fred pointed out on page 1 that the woods were reversed on the label (i pointed it out on page 2 - sigh).

but! i just went searching and turned this up on his comments page:

http://yamamotoguitar.com/comments.htm

"I'd been looking for a long time for a guitar that was just right for me... and had played a lot of different instruments in a lot of stores. One day I went into Michael Ferrucci's "Fine Fretted Friends" shop, and played several of the guitars he had on display. Michael spent a lot of time listening, and then asked me about what I wanted from a guitar. The kind of sound I wanted.

"Turns out that he had a Yamamoto guitar in the back room... something that Tony Yamamoto had recently completed and dropped off for Michael's evaluation. Michael got out that guitar and passed it to me. I know it sounds crazy, but after a few minutes, I knew that this was the guitar I'd been looking for. Everything about that guitar... the feel... the finish... the overall attention to detail... told me that I had to take it home. Oh: did I mention the sound? Wow! This is a fabulous instrument. I would recommend a Yamamoto guitar without hesitation. Tony does fabulous work!"
Sincerely,
Scott Brown

UPDATE: May 10, 2005: Scott custom-ordered a second guitar from Yamamoto Guitar, made with custom-ordered solid Ziricote wood back and sides, a non-cutaway (standard) design, and with custom "shamrock" inlay work. Scott had the following to say about his recently-finished Yamamoto guitar:

As with my other Yamamoto, the more I play it, the better I like it. Please let Tony know that I'm very happy with the way the guitar turned out.
That's the one! Is Scott Brown on the AGF? Anybody know his AGF login name? I'd really like to shoot him an email with some questions....

Rainsong H-DR1100N2

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion